Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Hunt For the Big 8 Begins

Hogmister13

Well I got in the stand Saturday at 1:00PM but realized once I climbed up the wind direction was not to my favor and at this point I'm sweating Like a Whore in Church because its 89 degrees in the Shade ! I didn't set 5 minutes and already Had a deer downwind blow at me. I decided to back out and wait till the right wind and conditions. The buck I'm after is a 4.5 year old 8 Point that I have had trail came pics for past 3 years. I've pretty much got him patterned down to a T running 4 cameras within 50 acres. I've been waiting for a North Wind since Saturday But no luck. Finally Forecast calls for a NNW Wind following the cold front on Friday so I'm gonna give it another shot. He doesn't bed far from my stand and I'm hoping that the deer I spooked Saturday wasn't him. Hes Not a Giant but I've had a lot of history with this Deer and he's Mature and not gonna get much Bigger. I want to be Patient for the right wind but I'm afraid he's gonna Lose his velvet anytime and vanish Like he always does.

Here are some pics of him 2.5 3.5 and 4.5 years old.
ad one.jpgad 2.jpgAd now.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Good luck! I've been running multiple cams on our 80 acres for 10 years and still haven't patterned a deer to a T, so you'll have to share you tips for success when you kill him.

Hogmister13

I tested out the Smoker a few weeks ago at another stand and got blowed at, done everything right but I was also sweating bad that day as well, so I was skeptic to use it again. Im gonna use it more when the weather changes and the wood burn stoves get to rockin. When its 90 degrees I don't think there is anything you can do about your scent, just hunt the wind.