Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Ohio State Buckeyes

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
When you have 5 power conferences, an 8 team playoff makes more sense. Take the 5 conference champs, then figure out the 3 best/most deserving teams later. It's really a simple solution.

As far as stats go, they are subjective to so many variables that you can argue all day long about them. You can skew stats to support any argument. Just giving teams eyeball test, right now the 4 best teams are BAMA by a bunch, then OSU, MICH, and USC. But USC and UM shit to bed and just didnt deserve it as much as Clemson and UW.
Anybody wants to beat BAMA, you better have a high octane offense with a stout line, and a athletic defense to beat the hell out of their freshmen QB and rattle him. None of the 3 teams left in the field has those qualities. And before all the buckeye fans get too ahead of themselves, think about this: Michigan had like 8 sacks and 15 hits on Barrett. Bama's defense will utterly destroy OSU's line unless the refs decide to swallow their whistles and not call holding on them again

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
When you have 5 power conferences, an 8 team playoff makes more sense. Take the 5 conference champs, then figure out the 3 best/most deserving teams later. It's really a simple solution.

As far as stats go, they are subjective to so many variables that you can argue all day long about them. You can skew stats to support any argument. Just giving teams eyeball test, right now the 4 best teams are BAMA by a bunch, then OSU, MICH, and USC. But USC and UM shit to bed and just didnt deserve it as much as Clemson and UW.
Anybody wants to beat BAMA, you better have a high octane offense with a stout line, and a athletic defense to beat the hell out of their freshmen QB and rattle him. None of the 3 teams left in the field has those qualities. And before all the buckeye fans get too ahead of themselves, think about this: Michigan had like 8 sacks and 15 hits on Barrett. Bama's defense will utterly destroy OSU's line unless the refs decide to swallow their whistles and not call holding on them again

I agree with all of this...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
You Ohio State boys better go cash in. Vegas has the bucks at 15/4 or 21%. A hundo would return $375

Gordo

Athens County
I haven't watched bama play a single game this year, but it's Sounding like they have been absolutely rolling.

Bama/osu inevitable for all the marbles or can Clemson knock us off?

Going to be fun to watch.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I haven't watched bama play a single game this year, but it's Sounding like they have been absolutely rolling.

Bama/osu inevitable for all the marbles or can Clemson knock us off?

Going to be fun to watch.

Vegas odds show Clemson over OSU by 4. Should be a close game.

Gordo

Athens County
Clemson is a paper tiger. Watson has been a beast, but I think OSU beats them by double digits. 41-28

I don't know man. I smell a victory for OSU, but not sure about double digits. I'll go 34-26.

Now bama, there favored by 14. With how good everyone is saying they are, and their opponent, I'd take bama -14 all day and feel good amount makeing money. Over under 54. Shit, they'll probably win 38-17.

*****On a bit of a 'cold streak' in weekly poker and NFL pools; don't bank on me*******

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I hate to say it but I don't have much faith in JT in the passing game to help us move the chains. IMO, something has happened to JT's mental game. He looked horrible in the spring game throwing illadvised passes leading to several picks and looked lost and much like a first year freshman thrown to the wolves. Burrows on the other hand played great throwing accurate passes and looking like the seasoned senior oozing with confidence.

If I were any team playing the Buckeyes with JT at the QB position, I'd stack the line with 8 and play man to man deep all day long! He telegraphs every throw,throws into tight coverage and has no confidence in his arm what so ever! Stop him and his over used zone read option plays and watch his eyes and catch a couple pick 6's and it's over.

Our defense no matter well they've played can't be on the field over and over after 3 and out after 3 and out and keep its intensity!

I'm worried basically because of JT Barrett makes us TOO one dimensional.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Fuck ESPN and their goddamned split screen with stats at the bottom and pics of the coaches at the bottom!
What the actual fuck? If I wanted to watch a 13" screen I'd go out to the garage.

FUCK THAT SPLIT SCREEN
BUNCHA COCKSUCKERS