Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Anyone duck hunted Ontario?

Mao

Coshocton, OH
I was invited to go to my buddies family cabin to duck hunt and fish at the beginning of October when we both are off school for a few days for our county fair. Anyone ever done this? How much work is it to obtain all necessary licenses, permits, etc? Cost?

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
A week or two ago there was talks of a ban on bring any birds back across the border this fall... Alive or dead. But I saw an email yesterday that it was rescinded. Hopefully they don't change their mind again. Sure would suck to shoot a bunch of birds and have to leave em up there.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
A week or two ago there was talks of a ban on bring any birds back across the border this fall... Alive or dead. But I saw an email yesterday that it was rescinded. Hopefully they don't change their mind again. Sure would suck to shoot a bunch of birds and have to leave em up there.

Yeah that would suck big time!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina

What was the purpose for that mentality?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
To curtail the spread of avian influenza. Which is stupid, considering that waterfowl migrate thousands of miles on their own accord anyway. Lol

That's what o was thinking..... What dumbass was coming up with that deal??? Must of been a PHD.....

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Had a great trip to Ontario with a couple buddies. We were there from Saturday morning until Tuesday morning. Not as many ducks there as earlier in the year, but we had a blast. We ended up killing 12. Not big numbers, but we killed a couple birds every time out.

Here is my buddies cabin and some pics from where we hunted

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Some woodies...