Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bucks and Apples?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
[ QUOTE=finelyshedded;416463]Putting out corn could also draw in more coon and that leads to many more unwanted pics to scroll thru TOO.....just sayin

I found the best thing with coons is to hang the cam higher and shoot over them. About chest high should do it. You'll get pics of the deer from about knees up, and if their heads down eating you won't see the rack but it works. Deer don't keep their head down long anyway. They always take a bite and swing their head back up quick to chew.[/QUOTE]

Great idea Joe! Don't have it pointed towards your typical 3 legged gravity spin feeder like I did 8 years ago! That was the first and last time I used it! Had 1092 pics of as many as 13 coon raping the FUGG outta my poor feeder! Had them hanging all over it to where it looked like a nautical workout station at Golds Gym! Fuggars went thru 200# of corn in a week!!! Lmao

I'm done with feeders. Just use cameras over mineral licks and scrapes for inventory and scrape monitoring. If I have apples and other fruit I'll throw it down to draw and hold them longer for better pics though.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Or I had with a cam out. A overhead limb and when the wind blew the limb's leaves set the camera off with 1962 pictures and put in a new card not knowing it. Had another 381 pictures today's card pull. Cut the limb off today.
Plus I had about 50 pictures of turkeys and a few does.