Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Opinions on aerial photos and setups

ChasinTheTrophy

Western PA
This is an example of a property I can hunt . The brown dots I tried to show how the hollows run . The crops are also shown . based on the info and never having been there . How would you decipher this piece of property ?

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Red dots are places I would scout for stands. My favorite spot is the southern most dot (right above 2015 Google) and the one north of there. That looks like an overgrown field to me and those are the areas I like the most. You could access the southern dot via the creek and catch deer coming off the feed fields working the edge of that overgrown field. If there are oaks to the east of there, I like it even more. Depending on topography, you might have a great travel corridor along the creek. Wind direction could be tricky, but I'd plan on it being a northerly wind type of spot. The dot to the north of that one looks great as well. That could make a great SW wind evening spot.

Good luck out there. Looks like a pretty solid piece of property.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
That dot in the pinch between the bean field and other field at the NW in the pic looks like an awesome spot to me. I d find a place to park off of Mecklem Rd. and walk with a face wind directly towards the stand.