Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fng

Yeah that's last yrs deer . I had him patterned all summer . Every 3 days he would walk past my stand in the am but I always ended up having to work or not being able to get out . I ended up shooting him in archer but lost him because of some atv riders jumped him after he bedded . Ended up getting him in rifle season . Didn't know it was him till I walked up on him .

Do you hunt gamelands or mostly just public farms? I have never been up that way but 1A was reported as one of the counties on the rise a few years back. I do most of my PA hunting around Keystone Lake if you have ever been out that way. Like I said I attempted to hunt the National Forest but it is to much property for my taste (never thought I would say that).

ChasinTheTrophy

Western PA
I hunt public land , and I have one farm that belong to my buddys family where we posted but doesn't keep anyone off of lol . I basically just try to find spots people overlook or I go further from the road . Costantly getting stands , cameras and other stuff stolen lol . Its a real detriment to my drive sometimes but I cant help but want to hunt lol . Treestand therapy is the best kinda therapy ! My buddy has a camp up around Sigel in the ANF we used to go up every yr for rifle . Deer population really went down recently it is makin a little come back . your right Looooooots of land ! and if you don't get up there to scout its all luck !