Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fng

ChasinTheTrophy

Western PA
Hey Guys , im new on the boards . Little about me , im from western PA .Avid hunter , outdoorsy type . MAin purpose I am joining the site is I have been looking at Ohio Outfitters but also Looking for some info on DIY hunts . Any tips or recommedations are very much appreciated .

Thanks ,

Chasin

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Welcome to TOO.

Outfitters: Southern Ohio Outfitter with Dave Lusk
DIY: You can find some decent spots on the public grounds like the Wayne National Forest or you could do AEP grounds.

Welcome!! Along with SOO, I would also recommend Brad Snow at Killbuck Outfitters and Ben Rising at Wicked Ridge. I've never hunted with either but I do know Brad personally. Pretty good guy and they shoot some giants over there!!!

ChasinTheTrophy

Western PA
Welcome!! Along with SOO, I would also recommend Brad Snow at Killbuck Outfitters and Ben Rising at Wicked Ridge. I've never hunted with either but I do know Brad personally. Pretty good guy and they shoot some giants over there!!!

Thanks Chad , I almost bought a couple of your cameras recently , but had a unexpected bill comeup that drained my play money ! lol

Welcome.....its nice to see another western PA representative around these parts. What counties do you hunt and is it mostly private or do you hunt PA public lands? Those bucks in your picture look like very nice examples of PA whitetail.

ChasinTheTrophy

Western PA
Welcome.....its nice to see another western PA representative around these parts. What counties do you hunt and is it mostly private or do you hunt PA public lands? Those bucks in your picture look like very nice examples of PA whitetail.

HEy there , I live in Beaver county . All my properties I hunt are public . You gotta know people around here to get on Private places lol . Its dog eat dog over here lol . That buck in that velvet pic is the biggest Ive seen on that property . He'll probably disappear come OCT

HEy there , I live in Beaver county . All my properties I hunt are public . You gotta know people around here to get on Private places lol . Its dog eat dog over here lol . That buck in that velvet pic is the biggest Ive seen on that property . He'll probably disappear come OCT

I would put Public land PA hunting as probably one of the most challenging hunting ventures one could attempt. The deer are a different breed because all the pressure from hunting. The one in your avatar on the far left was that from PA?

The large deer always go off grid during archery and you don't see them again unless someone gets lucky during rifle season. I have spent many years hunting PA whitetail and seen many large deer but once season comes end up having to fill my tag on a "typical" PA 8 point.

ChasinTheTrophy

Western PA
Yeah that's last yrs deer . I had him patterned all summer . Every 3 days he would walk past my stand in the am but I always ended up having to work or not being able to get out . I ended up shooting him in archer but lost him because of some atv riders jumped him after he bedded . Ended up getting him in rifle season . Didn't know it was him till I walked up on him .

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Yeah that's last yrs deer . I had him patterned all summer . Every 3 days he would walk past my stand in the am but I always ended up having to work or not being able to get out . I ended up shooting him in archer but lost him because of some atv riders jumped him after he bedded . Ended up getting him in rifle season . Didn't know it was him till I walked up on him .

That's just showing it was meant too be lol.... Congrats again on a good one.....