Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Need advice

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Screenshot_2015-08-09-22-48-09.jpgThis is a pic of one of the section I hunt. I only have permission on the south half. West of this property is polluted with hunters. But this end of the section is just me and a neighbor guy. We hunt together. The x are stands the deer are bedding areas. The stands are mostly on the edges. The reason being is because of this south part was logged about 8years ago. It's a lot of second growth timber and it's hard to sneak into. Any thought or things I'm missing. Thanks in advance.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Couldn't get it to zoom in for me. Maybe my eyes are getting old or maybe just not awake yet. I need a bigger pic. lmao

Looked like it had a second inside corner where I might hang a stand. Couldn't tell. That may have been between a couple bedding areas. Good enough reason to steer clear.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Couldn't get it to zoom in for me. Maybe my eyes are getting old or maybe just not awake yet. I need a bigger pic. lmao

Looked like it had a second inside corner where I might hang a stand. Couldn't tell. That may have been between a couple bedding areas. Good enough reason to steer clear.

It may be how I posted it Phil. My bad see if I can fix it.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Yeah, just too small to tell much but I'm liking those two inside corners across from each other. Looks like there might be a stream splitting the two but can't tell for sure. Regardless, having a set covering each one and hunting the one having the best wind advantage that particular day. Looks like a perfect funnel to me. Would be a great place to hunt during the rut. Bumping deer on way in or out might be a problem but tipping them off as to the exact tree you're sitting in would be my main focus. As good as these two spots look I'd try my darnedest to establish my very best entry and exit routes which avoid detection and only hunt those two spots when you can hunt from dark to dark to minimize disturbance and maximize my potential for an encounter with a shooter.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Yeah, just too small to tell much but I'm liking those two inside corners across from each other. Looks like there might be a stream splitting the two but can't tell for sure. Regardless, having a set covering each one and hunting the one having the best wind advantage that particular day. Looks like a perfect funnel to me. Would be a great place to hunt during the rut. Bumping deer on way in or out might be a problem but tipping them off as to the exact tree you're sitting in would be my main focus. As good as these two spots look I'd try my darnedest to establish my very best entry and exit routes which avoid detection and only hunt those two spots when you can hunt from dark to dark to minimize disturbance and maximize my potential for an encounter with a shooter.

I have two stands on each side of that pinch point so I can hunt the wind. And your spot on with getting in and out. It's tough. I wish I could make it bigger but I'm not tech savvy. I had to photo shot it on my phone. So that why it's so small.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Ric had some good advice. I'm not the best on giving advice in flat farmland. Inside corners are always a good bet no matter where you hunt and access is crucial. Good luck out there!

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Well I know you can't see it but there are two stands on each inside corner. They have always produced deer. Don't get me wrong they are better with corn coming into them.