Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Couple pictures

NEOhunter

Here are just a few of the better pictures I've got so far this year. I've been giving them a steady diet of apples, minerals, and corn. This spot sits about 10 yards into the woods on the back corner of my mother-in-laws soybean field. Anybody have any guesses on age? I'm not very good at it, I do recognize two of the three deer from last year. This is only my second year running camera's on this property so i don't have too much of a history on any of them.
WGI_0125.jpgWGI_0196.jpgWGI_0220.jpgWGI_0223.jpgWGI_0224.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Nice looking batch of bucks! Not sure on age either but I'd say the one with small brows but length and mass everywhere else is your oldest one at 4 possibly and the heavier 8 may be 3 and the other 8 looks to be closer to two based on face on body size. Guessing age is a crap shoot for me unless I can identify them early in their life and start some history from there. They all look healthy and will get your blood pumping when you see them on the hoof with your mind and soul in hunt mode. :smiley_coolpeace:

NEOhunter

WGI_0096.jpgWGI_0109.jpgWGI_0218.jpgWGI_0374.jpgWGI_0382.jpg
Here are a few more from the past couple days. These deer ate through four 5 gallon buckets of apples in 5 days. I took them 2 more buckets today. My MIL's apple tree is dropping like crazy. i don't like to go back so soon but I don't want the apples to rot on the ground if I wait every 2 weeks. They are still coming so I don't think I've spooked them yet. I usually go in the middle of the day.
Also got the tree stand up and brushed in pretty good. Now i'm just waiting for the season to start. At least at this property.