Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Casa Di Thunderflight

COB-TY

Retired to the happy hunting grounds above.
Ohio
Sounds like a great place Chuck, congratulations! You deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Well everything worked out. The house came in at appraisal and the VA didn't require any major repairs. The owner also agreed to fix all the electrical issues discovered during the home inspection and give us a warrant. September 10th is our closing date and can't get here fast enough!

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
After being adjusted I have seen some disgusting increases in peoples property tax. I have heard a few stories of people having to sell off due to the significant increase.

I can believe that. York county taxes are hanus.... You can get a lot of house there for a decent prices, but the taxes are a lot more than cumberland county. My house is in Perry County so luckly they are still reasonalble.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Property Taxes here in PA are brutal. We still may move back to Ohio, but it won't be for at least 5 or 6 years.

Be careful and research. Ohio is no better when it comes to overall tax burden. PA ranks 13 and ohio 14 for income adjusted overall tax burden. Ohio property taxes might not be high but we pay about 1,000 other forms of taxes to make up for it. And the state has switched some of those taxes to fees. Initially you'll as taxes fall as new fees are implemented but eventually those taxes will creep back up and the fee will remain. In the future ohio will have a high tax and fee structure. Granted it's better than being 2nd in the nation like we were under Ted Suckland.

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Its official. She's ours!!!! We already started on the renovation projects. Thank GAWD my father in law is Bob Villa's teacher...... LOL

Dude........ I live in Cabelas!!!!!!

20150911_184403.jpg