Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Casa Di Thunderflight

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
We've got a couple big hurdles left (owners need to fix some electrical issues and awaiting the VA appraisal), but if all goes well this will be our future home.

It's on 3.6 acres that join up with several hundred. I met the owner during the septic inspection. He said the guy who owns the biggest chunk behind him used to let him and his daughter hunt. Hopefully in a few years, or sooner, I'll get in good with the neighbors and have access to that majority of it.

It has a small pond where I found some black bear droppings. The owner told me that he used to hear turkeys cobbling all around him in the spring and his daughter killed her first deer in the back corner of the property.

Icing on the cake is it's 5 minutes from local market, gas station, and restaurant. It's 20 minutes to Walmart and the rest of the world, 25 to work. It's just remote enough yet close enough to modern convinces.

If all goes well we'll close on Sept 10th, do a few renovations, and move in the last week of Sept. :smiley_bril: IS5ixrrk1r3i3r1000000000.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That looks like a beautiful home. Good luck on the closing of the deal on the home AND on the hunting.

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Thanks guys I appreciate it. We'll be doing a total remodel of the master bath, main floor powder room, and some kitchen work. For the price we can afford make some changes to make it our own.

During the home inspection there were some issues we want the owners to fix and address. Most were electrical (looks like the owner wired the house himself) and some old water stains around the windows and ceilings. They look old and it rained heavy the night before. I'm hoping they were fixed a while back. Based off these issues and few more things, plus the fact that the VA appraisal is still pending I'm a bit worried.

If it falls through then we're in serious housing crisis. I'm renting a nice place, but the owner is a douche and the property manager sucks. Since we've lived here the home has been up for sheriffs auction three times, just about all our major appliances have broken, there are two holes in our ceiling from water damage caused by leaky pipers or storms, and etc. The douche is trying to raise my rent and try to short sale it. Needless to say we're outta here.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Be careful on those old water stains so there isn't any hidden damage or mold. The stains around the windows would be my main concern as if they weren't installed correctly water has leaked in over the years and caused serious rot damage. May be very difficult and expensive to repair. Me buying it I would remove the whole window frame and find out why it leaked over the years. And that would be before I bought it.