Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Public land

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Berlin,Zeppernick, Highlandtown are decent areas and don't get hit too hard early archery... You can go to the dnr website and look at maps of the areas.... All have decent access too them and aren't hard ground too hunt....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Berlin,Zeppernick, Highlandtown are decent areas and don't get hit too hard early archery... You can go to the dnr website and look at maps of the areas.... All have decent access too them and aren't hard ground too hunt....

I'm in Salem, where are you? South or north?

trailboy68

I have heard highlandtown is pressured during gun due to the amish, I guess you would say in between zep and berlin

trailboy68

My family and I took a look today at Brush Creek, man that's rough terrain, thanks J will take a look at Zep,

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
My family and I took a look today at Brush Creek, man that's rough terrain, thanks J will take a look at Zep,

Too the left of the lake is a pull off with parking, walk down he lane too the field in the back, hug the right side and on the back side of the field check that area out really good.... Used too hold good sign back in there....

antiqucycle

East Ohio
The amish at Highlandtown moved back to Pa. and New York. Of the places mentioned, Brush Creek has the most and biggest deer because its rugged. People are too lazy to cross the creek or climb the 800' high hills. The deer bed half way up the hills and no one sees them. There is also Yellow Creek State Forest sort of hidden between Highlandton and Brush Creek
Fernwood state Forest is also good but very steep.