Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Judge upholds law enabling wolf hunting.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That is a good thing. Wolves are beautiful animals. No doubt about it. They are also a problem. Good court decision for Michigan.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
There was talk about closing the deer season in the U.P this year because the deer numbers are so low from the predetors and two bad winters back to back. They said coyotes are the biggest problem but i bet a wolf could do some damage on a deer herd also.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
There was talk about closing the deer season in the U.P this year because the deer numbers are so low from the predetors and two bad winters back to back. They said coyotes are the biggest problem but i bet a wolf could do some damage on a deer herd also.

I bet you are right. I would imagine a wolf would do much more damage because it would not be a single wolf most times. Seems in NW Ohio I am hearing more of coyotes hunting in packs than I ever heard in years past. I don't think coyotes hunting in packs was an accepted fact in the past. Seems most "experts" saw them as solo hunters or hunters in pairs. Wolves don't work that way AND are much bigger.

antiqucycle

East Ohio
I run into too many people who claim to have a dog that is a half breed wolf. The dogs are typically nuts with continual barking and howling ready to bite anybody. We had a guy who created a "wolf sanctuary" in a semi rural location. He had about 60 "dogs". When he suddenly died from some disease, he created a real nightmare for the dog lovers to care for the "pack". Never did hear what happened to this place.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
It is good news for sure. There are still more court battles to be fought before wolf seasons will take place in Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota. Eventually the side representing hunters and scientific based management will prevail, but there are court costs that will be incurred in the meantime.

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
It is good news for sure. There are still more court battles to be fought before wolf seasons will take place in Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota. Eventually the side representing hunters and scientific based management will prevail, but there are court costs that will be incurred in the meantime.

We can only hope. Hard to believe how stupid some people are.