Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Couple bucks

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Would ya look at that..Just look at it.

Bigger then anything I have ever seen let alone hunted. Hope you find their father and shoot him dead this fall.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Two weeks before season they'll be gone. All the other hunters will run them out guaranteed. Happens every year...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Two weeks before season they'll be gone. All the other hunters will run them out guaranteed. Happens every year...

Yeah but you know as well as I do where they'll end up by late October. Then your neighbors can double on them! lmao

rsmith

That's always how it goes. Happened to me last year as well, had a group of 3 and everyone loves to last minute trample through and pressure the heck out of the area before season and than complain about not seeing anything. Hopefully you can get one of them early.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio

That happens to me too around the house. They spend the summer on the farm I could hunt but as soon as they strip the velvet off they are gone across the road to the neighbors. I have basically given up on that farm now. Too frustrating.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
That happens to me too around the house. They spend the summer on the farm I could hunt but as soon as they strip the velvet off they are gone across the road to the neighbors. I have basically given up on that farm now. Too frustrating.
What's the farm you can hunt lacking?

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
What's the farm you can hunt lacking?

It has everything, that's why it's so difficult to understand. 106 acres. It has lots of cover, a pond inside the cover, crops surrounding half of the east and west borders and all of the southern border. The Northern half is a nice wooded hollow with lots of mast trees. The southern half was timbered hard at one time. My son and I were the only ones that bowhunted it for 13 years. I only saw 4 true shooters during season in that time. The only buck I killed on it was a small 10 point in a January blizzard. Tyler killed a 136" 10 on it. He also had encounters with a couple studs. We didn't overhunt it in my opinion. I would still get the occasional traveling rut giant but nothing stayed on the place. My neighbor would get most of the bucks I had all summer on his cams daily in October and November. His land is about half a mile away as the crow flies. I've often wondered what he had there that this place didn't....apparently the hot does!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Some properties no matter the size or how much pressure they receive seem to have something unexplainable that draws mature bucks and hold them. It is frustrating like Spencie said. There could be a 20 plus man push through a block of timber or small hollar everyday for a week straight and still a slob will fall on the last day of gun season on its hallowed ground!