Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

NW Ohio Archery range

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Stairs are up and were pouring fifteen yards of stamped concrete tomorrow under the main tower. This thing is turning out pretty sweet and were pushing hard to get it done so getting to sleep at night has not been a problem but getting up has lol. A crew from secor park has jumped in and they are kicking ass on the static range in front of the tower.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Thanks and no problem!!! The concrete turned out awesome with the stamped slate and wood plank stamps. The crew and myself will sleep good tonight. The railing for the shooting spots on the deck are going to be custom made out of aluminum by one of the crew. I'll get some more pics Monday and might have a opening date to give.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
No pics but at least a update. Static range is just about done. All target lanes in and targets set plus grass seed planted. We are laying concrete about every day now for a shelter house and garage. Heard yesterday that October 17 is going to be the opening date so when it gets close to that date I can say for sure or not but the way were going look for it to be then. It's so close to being done I don't want to ruin it with pics so when you guys get back there you get the full Wow factor lol.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Just having an archery range like this in our area is WOW enough for me! Extra WOW is the fact Toledo metropark has taken the initiative with the help of the DNR to make this possible and encourage archery opportunities in our area...along with the Deer Management Program in it's 3rd year...which I didn't get drawn for this year but I am on the alternate list...42 people must cancel their opportunity though for me to get to hunt there.

I'll also be looking forward to any youth day opportunities and any other programs that will get started with this new range...Exciting for sure!

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
You got closer than me lol. I work for them and I'm like 464 on the list or close to that lol. It is great that this is happening in our area.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Just plugging along and its going good. All the pads for the shooting stations in the woods got poured last week with one of the towers being completed. The main outside tower just needs the mesh installed on the guard rail and it will be done. Getting real close now.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
The Rienhart targets are being placed and are pretty damn cool. The moose is huge lol. There is a lot of variety from coyotes to turkey a eight foot alligator and carp that will be shot from a boat as well as some nice white tail and mule deer. Getting real close now!!!!

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
sounds sweet....those things aren't cheap either...I'm glad I haven't shot 3d yet. sounds like my first 3d experience there will spoil me for life!

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Yeah it's been years since I have shot one. I'll tell you what now that we are almost done and can stand back and look at what has been accomplished in a short period of time that we are one happy crew. 13 ABC news will be out tomorrow as well as the Toledo blade and there will be a front page article on the new park in the Sunday paper. Thanks guys for following along with this thread and have a safe and great time when the park opens in a little over a week!!!! I keep saying the new park when I should be saying West Winds which is the name of the new park.

Last edited:

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Yeah it's been years since I have shot one. I'll tell you what now that we are almost done and can stand back and look at what has been accomplished in a short period of time that we are one happy crew. 13 ABC news will be out tomorrow as well as the Toledo blade and there will be a front page article on the new park in the Sunday paper. Thanks guys for following along with this thread and have a safe and great time when the park opens in a little over a week!!!! I keep saying the new park when I should be saying West Winds which is the name of the new park.

Thanks for updating the progress...made the wait seem not so long!

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Yeee haaa what a week lol. Got it done with a couple hours to spare lol. Turned out great!!! Would be cool if you guys that shoot it could give some feedback good or bad. I'd go shoot tomorrow but I'm going hunting lol. Park opens at sunrise. Have fun and be safe!