Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

NW Ohio Archery range

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Metroparks will be putting in a new state of the art archery range that if we get on it quick and we are will be ready to use by fall. This is going to be a great range with three shooting towers a olympic style static range and a thirty target walk through 3-d range. Located on geiser rd west of crissy. Dont know how it will be ran and all that but its metroparks so it will be free. Its awesome that we will have something in this part of the state. Once we get rockin on it i will update this thread with pics and more info.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Got the first mock up on the targets that will be on the static range. Some roof changes and were pretty close. There will be fifteen of these. 0724151420-00.jpg0724151422-00.jpg

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Thanks! Nope thats in maumee at sidecut park. Its small but pretty nice when its cleaned up lol. The targets for the 3-D range will be rineharts.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Yeah its going to be fun once we get started. Lots of trail work plus three towers to build. I will have a lot more details on it here in a week or so. I have been shooting a crossbow for the last four years but with this project i'm going to have to blow the dust off my long bow lol.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
We are caught up on the other project we have going on and will be breaking ground on monday for the range. Weather has been decent so it should go pretty good (fingers crossed).

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
We are caught up on the other project we have going on and will be breaking ground on monday for the range. Weather has been decent so it should go pretty good (fingers crossed).

Hopefully you can take me down there before it opens so I can test it out.:smiley_coolpeace:

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Hopefully you can take me down there before it opens so I can test it out.:smiley_coolpeace:

That could happen (maybe) LOL. Just to side track for a minute. We put in a new park across from fallen timbers mall on what they are saying is the site of the battle. Two miles of trail through the field and woods with this awesome bridge that we installed a couple weeks ago. Mike i know you know the spot. Its the woods with the aspens on the edge that you can see from 23. No hunting which is a shame because i have seen some big deer in that woods. This park is set to open in october when the visitor center is completed.0731151112-00.jpg

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
I read something awhile ago about the metropark working with odnr and something about an archery range...glad this is coming to fruition...I am wondering about how one will be able to use it, since it's free.

Now we just need more schools around here to adopt an archery program.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
The interest is there for sure and don't know how busy its going to be. At first i can see a big draw then settle down. As of right now its just like going to any other park but this one you get to shoot a course. Myself and the guys on the project that have shot these are saying you at least need a range master to direct the flow of people. With the DNR involved they could have a operating plan also but it will be free.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Hopefully all goes well. I'm sure it will be done right since the implications of something going wrong would have detrimental effects to the sport of archery and hunting in the area.

I have and will vote for the metroparks majority of the time if not every time they are on the ballot...I would not be opposed to being forced to make a donation or buying a range pass either.

I am excited for this to open. It will get a lot of use.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
That could happen (maybe) LOL. Just to side track for a minute. We put in a new park across from fallen timbers mall on what they are saying is the site of the battle. Two miles of trail through the field and woods with this awesome bridge that we installed a couple weeks ago. Mike i know you know the spot. Its the woods with the aspens on the edge that you can see from 23. No hunting which is a shame because i have seen some big deer in that woods. This park is set to open in october when the visitor center is completed.View attachment 34569

I saw an absolute giant in there going to the mall a few years back.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Broke ground monday and have the parking lot cut out along with the trail to the static range. Trails are cut through the woods and target stands like the one above are being made. If we can keep at this pace arrows will be flying in no time lol!!!