Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jackson/Vinton county hunting lease

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Out of the 20 hunters how many deer was taken? Bucks, does, fawns and buck size?

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Well let me put this out there...

There is a STRONG contingent of folks here who would like to have a lease together in SE Ohio. However we are all very busy and it is difficult for any one person amongst the bunch to spear head this. If we were presented with a nice, neat package that was boiled down to "sign here" and "make checks payable to", I can see several of us jumping on board.

So keep us in mind and know we'd make a damn fine group of lessors...
I'd do it just so I could drop a deuce on Jesse's treestand[emoji38]

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County
Out of the 20 hunters how many deer was taken? Bucks, does, fawns and buck size?

I only know of 2 bucks taken last year, but I wasn't there to know for sure what was taken. I believe they were in the 120 range. I know there are big deer out there, it is in the remote part of the county with thousands upon thousands of acres of nothing but timber and cutover.

CritterGitterToo

Central Ohio
Where the flip did you show up from? What hole you been hiding in? lol

Hey Phil! I've been busier than a cat on a hot tin roof. We're moving at the end of this month. So, I painted every room in this house, prep to sell, staging, all that crap. House on market for 65 days of basically feel like we're living in a fish bowl. Hopefully, in July, I can relax a little. lol

Bigcountry40

Serious questions about this lease. Your leasing 1,058 acres to 20 people roughly 50 acres a person. Some areas of leases hold more deer than others, how are leases divided and what if there are little to no deer on my 50 acre lease? I have been a part of leases in North Carolina when I lived there, but the 5 of us just shared the entire property and worked together like 99% of mature hunters do. I just would hate to pay $500 and get stuck with a bad 50 acres, if you understand what I am saying.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I apologize I misunderstood, but there were some hunt clubs in the South that would assign blocks of land to each member, I wonder how they dealt with what I asked above.

Growing up in the south the hunting clubs that I hunted all had stands hung and the property divided into grid sections. Before each hunt you had to sign into a grid or stand in the log book at the camp. You could only sign in right before you went to hunt it. This was to avoid people signing in to a spot for the whole weekend. There were never any problems that I can remember. If people know you're hunting an area it's not like they try to weasel in on you. Another camp didn't have a sign in book but rather metal tags and a huge map of the property. All the stands and grids had a nail and you hung your metal tag on the spot you were going to hunt. It also served as a little extra safety because you could always see who was still out and who returned. It all sounds like a pain but it really wasn't.