Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2015-2016 Deer Season

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Yep . My opinion is that lockdown and peak conception dates are gonna go hand in hand , with peak lockdown and peak conception being the same .
If they're chasing a doe all over she isn't really ready to breed . When she's ready they'll slip off and hide out and do their thing .

Yep . My opinion is that lockdown and peak conception dates are gonna go hand in hand , with peak lockdown and peak conception being the same .
If they're chasing a doe all over she isn't really ready to breed . When she's ready they'll slip off and hide out and do their thing .

Couldn't agree more!!! It gets frustrating sitting in the stand in November not seeing a target buck especially when you start thinking of them being on lockdown. In my experience there's basically nothing you can do to pull a buck off a receptive doe. I think that's why it is important to count back and ahead "x" amount of days from conception. Any one have any info on time frame a buck with hold up with a hot doe? I've read it's less than 24 hours, but experience tells me otherwise....

Anyone have any luck harvesting a buck on lockdown?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I do not care what anyone says about a magic week or a magic day... There is no truth to any of it. The deer are going to breed sometime between October 21-November 31'st. You just need to be there as much as you can during this time. Find your pinch point or the edge of the bedding area and hunt. A lot of people miss out on some great hunting in the middle of December also.

Tay, I like your second post better than your first....just sayin!:smiley_coolpeace: