Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2010/2011 TOO Daily Coyote Hunting log

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nice Jackalope! Well done! They can be tricky around here when calling. Sounds like you have some that are not yet call shy.

Gern- Very nice reply! I likey!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Nice Jackalope! Well done! They can be tricky around here when calling. Sounds like you have some that are not yet call shy.

Gern- Very nice reply! I likey!

lmao I bet they are now.. 4 rounds of .223 at 8:30 will educate them real quick

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I hit the call tonight on a new property. Last 15-20min of light. It was pretty overcast but I sat until maybe 20-30min after dark. If not for the snow I would not have been able to see anything. I had some verbal responses but they were estimated 1/2-1 mile away. I might try it again in the morning. I am pumped about this new property. 120acres of prime coyote habitat!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Go get um Hicks :smiley_clap:.

I haven't found any fresh tracks yet to follow up on. I don't know if they just haven't finished the loop yet since the new snow or if they have moved off the property. I will be out tomorrow checking for them.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I hit the call tonight on a new property. Last 15-20min of light. It was pretty overcast but I sat until maybe 20-30min after dark. If not for the snow I would not have been able to see anything. I had some verbal responses but they were estimated 1/2-1 mile away. I might try it again in the morning. I am pumped about this new property. 120acres of prime coyote habitat!

You better kill some of those off or they will eat all of your deer up next year! Haha!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You better kill some of those off or they will eat all of your deer up next year! Haha!

Not a deer hunting spot. He raises GSP's and runs field trials off horseback with them. He buys and releases a bunch of birds every year to train the dogs. He wants all the yotes killed but has limited deer hunters on his property.

Update on this property. I headed back out this morning as it really is a country block deep. I hunted the south end last night. Today I hunted the north end. On my way out I checked the area I had called last night. There were coyote and fox tracks in there today which were not last night. Too bad it was overcast and I cut it short when the batteries were dying on the Foxpro last night. They must have come in after I left to check out the source of the calls. Wish I could have stuck it out longer. At least it is promising. I didn't cut a single track on the north half of the property this morning.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Kaiser and Tree Monkey made it over to hunt with me during the last weekend in February I think it was......we killed 1 male yote and ran a couple other ones around, but ran out of daylight. We hit it hard that day, from daylight til dark......saw a shit ton of deer also.

Total yotes for the year was 21.

Longdraw

Central,Ohio
Kaiser and Tree Monkey made it over to hunt with me during the last weekend in February I think it was......we killed 1 male yote and ran a couple other ones around, but ran out of daylight. We hit it hard that day, from daylight til dark......saw a shit ton of deer also.

Total yotes for the year was 21.

Do you have dogs that run yotes???

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Thanks Dale. The season is over for us until December. We don't go after them much past March 1.....let some seed go for next year, right?

Ok, so I lied......

My cousin had one running around by his house today so he gave me a call, just happened to have the 12 gauge close by and some buckshot. Made the trip over there and ended up killing it. It was a large male coyote and it's fur still looked good, not shedded at all yet. Picture of it later. That's #22 on the season.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
^^^^^Here's #22 on the season.....