Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Am I wrong?

Bigcountry40

Leasing has absolutely killed the sport in Eastern, Central and Southeastern Ohio, (I dont think North Western Ohio will ever have much leasing because of minimum #'s of deer and other factors). At the end of the day its just a freaking deer, would I like to kill a 180 class yes, but am I going to get pissy over a guy takin 15 steps onto my property to cut across a creek no. Unless I grow a fantastic money tree in the next 20 years, all my connection with land will be dead and I will be stuck hunting state land the rest of my life. Why? Somebody with way more money than me will make a offer the family can't refuse. I am seriously okay with hunting state land, I just think its sad that a sport with so many people with common cultures/lifestyles become so cutthroat over a set of antlers and exclusive hunting rights. I just hope I am able to share the success i have had deer hunting with my 1 year old boys in a few years. At the end of the day, we are all Christians trying to get to the same place and we can't take anything with us in the end.

Last edited: