Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's going on?

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Obviously I'm not deer hunting this year, but there is one thing I can do that I have almost as much of a passion for....... IT'S SKI SEASON!!!!

Yesterday was our first trip of the 2010/11 season. How many kids do you know that can say they've snow ski'd in three different countries?

Thank Goodness I have a 4x4 van because this is all up hill!

Kaiser878

ohio
TF, didnt anyone tel you your van is broke? The steering wheel is on the wrong side!!!!!!rotflmao

P.S. Your daughter has beautiful eyes! Good thing your in Japan, youd prob have to get a restraining order against Cap't. ha

Last edited:

Mountaineer

Banned
WV
My buck was in the Timber(Oaks)...Before i found his tracks i went through a fairly fresh clearcut..very little sign..I then went down into a swamp bottom..0 tracks...Climbed back out and decided to get into the timber..and thats where they were...I found tracks..beds..etc etc...I would hunt the big timber in areas you knew dropped acorns...Thats where they will be..I will almost gauruntee it. :smiley_bril:

Milo

Tatonka guide.
My buck was in the Timber(Oaks)...Before i found his tracks i went through a fairly fresh clearcut..very little sign..I then went down into a swamp bottom..0 tracks...Climbed back out and decided to get into the timber..and thats where they were...I found tracks..beds..etc etc...I would hunt the big timber in areas you knew dropped acorns...Thats where they will be..I will almost gauruntee it. :smiley_bril:

i have been seeing somewhat the same thing. they are somewhat avoiding heavy cover for open areas that they can see and feed...

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
My dad is in the middle of a survey on a farm I lost permission to thanks to leasing this year. He was laughing when he asked me to point out on the map my No. 1 area for a stand and I point to the end of a ridge on the edge of some pines. He said there was a stand of oaks right there about 1/2 in size loaded with beds, rubs, and the entire area looked like you tilled up the ground. Damn!!!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I haven't deer hunted since mid November. Missed shotgun season again, 3rd year in a row, due to work obligations. Hunted for some ducks 7 geese when time allowed once season came back in here in the S zone. Didn't get to go out for the shotgun weekend due to a planned early Christmas weekend with all the family. Started scouting birds pretty regularly just prior to Christmas, and that will continue through most of January. Ducks & geese will be my primary focus for the rest of the season.

I'm still planning on bowhunting some because the tag in my wallet is now an antlerless urban tag. With that being the case, my goal is to fill it from my ground blind. I'll get it set up this week, with the trail cam back out, and probably a tad bit of corn.

The only other goal I want to accomplish is to take my son out squirrel hunting at least once!

Like Jesse said, still alot of season left!! Time to get out there and enjoy what time we've got!!

Good luck out there guys!!!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Still have an anterless tag, but haven't hit the woods since mid November. I'm feeling the itch, but really do not have a need for more than two deer in the freezer, so may just do some yote huntin in January.

I may break down and hunt a few days of muzzleloader, but if I do it will just be stand hunting morning and evening, if nothing else just to do some inventory and see what has made it through so far.

Work is as busy as it's ever been and with the Holidays i've barely had time to check up on the site. They aren't expecting it to slow down either, no vacation is being approved the first 3 weeks of January due to expected work load, so my yote hunting may get postponed as well.

It has been a great season though, I will try to check back when I can with updates on the yote hunting and muzzleloader if I make it out.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Getting up Saturday and going to sit til at least two. Might try an al day'er but 13 degrees is mighty cold.

Beentown

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'm losing faith in my boys getting a crack at anything, let alone a buck. Mys ightings have diminished and the camera is showing only night time activity. Tough to hunt at 1 in the morning.

TF, great pics by the way. Looks fun!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I'm losing faith in my boys getting a crack at anything, let alone a buck. Mys ightings have diminished and the camera is showing only night time activity. Tough to hunt at 1 in the morning.

TF, great pics by the way. Looks fun!

Well if we get a good coat of snow and a full moon....

Beentown

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I wasn't going to go but realized i spent a hell of a lot of time puttin in food plots for this very weather so I will prolly go whack one to keep our wildlife biologists and farm bureau happy...

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Think I'm pretty much done for the year. Hardly any deer moving on the property since gun week.

Went out with Cap't the last time he was up a couple weeks ago and the woods was calm and silent as could be. Since I don't have a muzzy I won't be doing that either. I was invited to tag along with Dante and one of his co-workers down to WNF but they are going Sat-Monday and I have to take my son to school Monday so that's a no go :(.

Probably go out and retrieve my stands and pack it all home tomorrow.