Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New to ohio

Boyetthunter

Hey my name is hunter. I am moving to Columbus in June. I'm a avid duck, goose, and pheasant hunter. I have decoys, layout blinds and a Hrch MH retriever. If anybody would be generous enough to show me what Ohio waterfowling is all about I would be forever in your debt. I am looking forward to the move. Also if there are any waterfowlers/retrievers trainers that want to go grab a few beers sometimes hit me up. Thanks

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Welcome to Ohio and TOO forum. Might be dangerous asking to be hit up on here.

JBSedon

Vandalia
Last time I saw a bird in Ohio was in '93. The good ole days.

We used to have deer too, at least that's what I heard.

Welcome anyway. Be sure to introduce yourself up top.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Don't let em fool you hunter... There are birds in Ohio. Access is the issue. Lots of competition. That all being said, welcome to the forum. There are many of us here that love duck hunting and quite a few that love dog training too. You'll fit in just fine.

teej89

NE PA
hey man! Glad to see you took the recommendation and joined TOO!

It's T.J. From RTF btw lol

Last edited:

Kaiser878

ohio
Welcome. There are a few of us that are currently asshole deep in training for AKC and HRC hunt tests. Jager, rutin, and myself.... Tj should have his pup soon also....

First off.... new rule.... if u have a dog with those credentials you must post pictures of him/her.... did u do the training yourself? Or did you have your dog trained?

This summer we had talked about having some training days.... I have access to a phenomenal piece of ground that has some dirty water/beaver ponds/ lakes and other ponds.. about 10-12 of em and some pretty big brushy fields.

Where are you from currently?

Boyetthunter

Welcome. There are a few of us that are currently asshole deep in training for AKC and HRC hunt tests. Jager, rutin, and myself.... Tj should have his pup soon also....

First off.... new rule.... if u have a dog with those credentials you must post pictures of him/her.... did u do the training yourself? Or did you have your dog trained?

Where are you from currently?

That's great to hear. I just have to find some folks that train as often as I do. I know training property is going to be an issue, but I am used to that. I will pm my number so maybe we can get together.

For the past year I have been in port st lucie, fl. I am originally from west Alabama.

Yes I train my dogs myself. I will post pics. My Hrch mH female is now 6 yo and a little firecracker. I have a 6 month old male out of nfc bullet pup and he is a handful.

Thank for the kind words of welcome.
Ps- I don't blame some of the guys wanting to keep the birds a secret. I have been doing to exact same thing in my home state for the past 15 yrs.

Last edited:

Boyetthunter

image.jpg HRCH GRACE MH
image.jpg 6month old Shooter

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Welcome to TOO!

As a side note, there are dog training areas at the Delaware Wildlife area, just about 30 minutes north of Columbus.

Last edited: