Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My 2015 Tom

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Im glad to see you are passionate enough to not only kill that toad with a bow but to make sure that you paid it the respect you felt it deserved.
He was an old wise bird that's for sure! I know for a fact that he's avoided at least one other hunter in that area in his lifetime. I was just the lucky one to out smart him!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
uploadfromtaptalk1458660643753.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1458660711491.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1458660773345.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1458660850071.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1458660983385.jpguploadfromtaptalk1458661078769.jpg

I picked up my gas line gobbler today, very pleased with how he turned out! Lee Keller in Navarre mounted him as well as my other gobbler and he does really good work on turkeys. My two awesome animals of 2015 are now together on the wall. The last pic is my view from my recliner, never gets old! I had to throw in the pic of the whole living room as I know a few of you will appreciate the fact that I'm taking it over with taxidermy work, especially Brian lol.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
That dude has a rope, I like how the mount shows his spur length and the Record Bird certificate with him.
Your still young enough to duplicate or best this one but the odds are against ya my friend, but my money is on you to best it.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
That dude has a rope, I like how the mount shows his spur length and the Record Bird certificate with him.
Your still young enough to duplicate or best this one but the odds are against ya my friend, but my money is on you to best it.
I picked that pose for a few reasons, I like to have my animals mounted looking like they were right before I killed them but I already have a turkey mounted in the standing position and I don't like full strut mounts. So I figured I go with what he was doing when I first knew he was there, gobbling on the roost. Plus it shows off his attributes! Topping this one will be tough, never know though, I hopefully have many years of turkey hunting left.