Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New Trail Camera Company Coming.....

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ok, let me know what you guys think on the video quality. I checked the cam today after switching it to another tree a week ago. A few things still perplex me. When I'm setting up the cam, the red light does blink. Quite often, when I close up the cam & wait for the red / blue indicator light to flash, it will not. That makes me think I goofed up somewhere, so I have to unlock it, open it & see things are ok. That in turn makes me be at the tree longer than I want. When I changed trees, only the red light without the blue light activated. Today, nothing. In these videos, it took me a bit to realize there was no sound. I goofed & forgot to turn the sound on when I put it back in video mode. In these three videos, the deer were sensed nicely. That deer with the limp has been around for at least 6 years, so I was happy to see her. Still, it didn't catch me until I was upon spitting distance. I didn't have my boots on & the briars right there didn't feel too good.

http://vid20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/outdoorsfellar/LIFT0014.mp4

http://vid20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/outdoorsfellar/LIFT0012.mp4

http://vid20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/outdoorsfellar/LIFT0013_1.mp4

Ok, let me know what you guys think on the video quality. I checked the cam today after switching it to another tree a week ago. A few things still perplex me. When I'm setting up the cam, the red light does blink. Quite often, when I close up the cam & wait for the red / blue indicator light to flash, it will not. That makes me think I goofed up somewhere, so I have to unlock it, open it & see things are ok. That in turn makes me be at the tree longer than I want. When I changed trees, only the red light without the blue light activated. Today, nothing. In these videos, it took me a bit to realize there was no sound. I goofed & forgot to turn the sound on when I put it back in video mode. In these three videos, the deer were sensed nicely. That deer with the limp has been around for at least 6 years, so I was happy to see her. Still, it didn't catch me until I was upon spitting distance. I didn't have my boots on & the briars right there didn't feel too good.

http://vid20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/outdoorsfellar/LIFT0014.mp4

http://vid20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/outdoorsfellar/LIFT0012.mp4

http://vid20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/outdoorsfellar/LIFT0013_1.mp4

One thing to note, the indicator lights work differently in test mode vs on mode.

In test mode the red light will blink every few seconds while the LCD screen is on. In test mode the LCD screen will go into sleep mode if not active to conserve battery life and then the red light will not blink at all. The blue light should not be active in test mode.

In on mode the red and blue indicator lights will flash only after the LCD screen has went to sleep (roughly 30 sec) although the camera itself is armed after a 10 sec countdown from the time it has been turned to on mode.

The night time video seems to be a little noisy, could be the weeds in front of the cam taking up most of the light from the flash unit, causing the FM to interpolate too much info. Just my opinion though. For the most part your videos do show a little less color contrast and crispness. I would recommend using the cam in a setup without pointing it directly at filtering light while it's under shade. As I'm sure you know it causes the light metering system to think the cam needs more light than it actually does, causing slightly over exposed images. Are these videos looking the same on your computer or is photobucket down grading them...just curious, I'm not all that familiar with it.

Glad to see you're having more success and becoming more familiar with the LIFT.

PS...better wear pants and boots next card pull, those ticks and chiggers are bad this year!!

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Hi Chad & thanks. I do know the indicator lights work differently. Like I said, the indicator blinks when I'm setting the cam. In live mode, the red / blue quit working. It may still work in pic mode, but it hasn't in video. That's why I think I goof & have to open the cam back up. These videos do look the same before downloading to Photobucket, so what you see is what I'm originally seeing. There never has been any crispness in pic or video mode. I've had this cam in different positions & try to keep it away from the sunlight, but my set ups don't always cooperate. I'll leave it out for another week.

Hey guys hope you are all well and hopefully enjoyed a more successful season than I!!! Just wanted to bump this thread and see if there were any questions floating around after running the LIFT throughout the season?

Your two cams treating you good Kevin?

OhioHunter88

Perry County
Hmm, just now reading this, will have to check out some reviews. I'm a trail can addict and just can't quit buying em, will take quite the camera to make me stray away from Brownings, I'm running 6 Brownings along with a few from other companies too.

Blan37

SW Ohio
Your cam is impressive. The vids / images are great. I think is the warranty and the level of service you guys are showing is what is going to take you to the next level, though. 5 years is quite a commitment.

Personally I'd rather pay a little less for the camera and go without the theft protection. I don't know how much that adds to the price, but I don't have theft problems where I hunt (could change, but I'll take my chances). All I'd care about is password protecting it so that if someone did steal it, they wouldn't be able to use it. That to me is more of a deterrent than anything once word gets around.

Already bought a Cuddeback for this year, but I'm going to seriously consider getting an Exodus in addition to it. I'd like to see the product manual (can't find it on your website - usually companies provide a pdf download link).

As an aside, I had problems with Moultrie cams and switched over to Cuddeback, but I really miss the menu system and the LCD screen on the Moultrie. Looks like you have something very similar to that. And my Cuddeback night pics SUCK HARD. Trigger speed is pretty amazing though :)

Joe

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I have one running on lithiums , the other on Ray O Vacs. I am happy both ways. I stopped running the cams in video mode back in November & am just using pic mode at maybe a 4 or 5 shot burst. One cam, in cold weather, will not allow me to enter my password numbers in the downward. It has to go zero & up. The other cam for some reason developed the loudest scratching click from both side locks when closing, either in warm or cold weather. I can't figure it out. Other than that, I am quite happy. You guys took care of me quite nicely. I plan on checking them tomorrow & will be interested to see how the cold temps are treating them. On a non issue incident, I changed out cards close to darkness last time visiting one of them & I was totally surprised on how bright that red / blue activation light is ! I had walked away a bit & when that 25 sec time was up, it caught me off guard & I thought someone was nearby shining a light at me...lol

Last edited:

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Chad talked me into switching to Lithiums back in November on one cam. It is still at 100%. When I put my other cam on a carcass and video in early December I put lithiums in it too. After 1000s of videos it is still reading 100%.

I also had the down button stick on me and had to go up to toggle through the settings. I had forgotten about that until I saw Outdoorfellars post. I'm a big fan of these cams and know the guys at Exodus are working hard to make the 2016s even better.

I'm looking forward to setting these cams up for turkey season videos.

Good stuff guys!

@Blan37...Awesome to hear you haven't had problems with theft!!! We don't add any cost to our units for the Theft/Damaged policy, it's simply us showing an effort to take care of our customers. We've been there, had cams stolen, shot up, smashed by a fallen tree...it's a real punch in the gut. We are basically providing a cam at our cost plus a few dollars to show folks Exodus does business in an old school manner and we want to ensure each and every person stays an Exodus customer for life. We just launched a new site 1/1/16, we still need to add a few items to it, PDF manual is one.

@Outdoorsfellar/Spencie...We've made an adjust to the operation temperature settings inside the FW to correct the key issue. This update also requires a confirmation before you permanently delete photos while viewing on the cam. A few other tweaks too. If you guys would like the update, just shoot me an email and I'll send it over. As far as the latches, we've actually had a few break in the recent months, but we would rather replace a few latches and ensure a solid seal than have potential water ingress issues.

@OhioHunter88...feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

2016/2017 are going to be big years for us. We are really excited about some of the things we are working on and the direction of the company. Thank you guys for all the support, means the world to us!

One other note....Generally speaking, Lithium batteries will always read 100% until the moment they die. They will provide a full charge for 100% of their life cycle, thus the battery life calculating at 100%. Alkaline operate differently, as their charge slowly decreases as use increases..We'll have a blog topic on batteries on our website, you guys might enjoy that read

Last edited:

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Generally speaking, Lithium batteries will always read 100% until the moment they die.

Yes, that has always been my belief too, but not on my Lift. I checked the cams this am when I went out in my stand for a while this morning. My pics showed great operation in the recent cold nights. Actually, both cams have the cold weather issue with the password as I mentioned beforehand. I was just reading what Chad posted this morning & decided to go look at my cams again. Since it has warmed up, the password works ok either way. One cam does have lithiums & it really never has shown a constant 100% reading. It's at 78% . Just the same, I don't care. The password issue really isn't an issue, just an annoyance. I was holding my breath when opening & closing that one Lift. I just know those latches , at least on that particular Lift are gonna break, so that's my only concern. Then again, it's not a concern since you know about it & will fix it when that day arrives :)

If one prefers pics over videos, this is a great camera. I do believe the newer cams will be better. I really like the 4 - 5 burst mode so it's almost like a video.

Last edited:
Any updates from those of you who bought these? No news is often good news...just thinking about my birthday list this year, lol.

I'm glad you brought this to the top Dave as last weekend I had another Covert take a permanent crap. Very frustrated as I even had my homemade roof strapped on top to keep the water out LOL. That's usually how they've fried in the past. Definitely in the market for a few new cameras this year, just don't know if I should be looking at the clearance racks at Dunhams or make an investment or two. Hopefully some will post a few more pics from the Exodus cameras from this past fall.