Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New Trail Camera Company Coming.....

Since I am working on food plots and trails this week I pulled the card I put in the cam yesterday. I had it set on 3 shot burst with a 5 second delay. Out of 135 pics there were 6 of me, 6 of a groundhog and the rest were deer. There were no missed shots. The night pics were bright and clear with no blur. I'm ordering another cam.

Glad to hear you're happy and the camera is working well! Nice job on the setups Spencie!!

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Chad, I took one video in the different setting when I re visited the cam. I didn't see much difference. Maybe , just maybe I'm expecting too much for a HD video. If so, I'm going to blame Chuck for posting HD videos on FB from other trail cams....lol. In all seriousness, I'm just waiting for you to post your outdoor videos, & then check my cam & compare. SO HURRY UP ! lol.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I pulled the card earlier this evening & I only had a few videos. I had this buck come thru which the cam didn't pick up til almost too late . I had another video from last week that a deer walk all the way across in front of the cam at 5 yards & only the back legs were captured. This cam is not producing HD video quality like I was hoping. I'll walk back up tomorrow & put it in 5 shot or so pic burst mode for the heck of it.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I agree PB can fugg things up, but this video looks like all the others that I downloaded to my laptop. I'll check my cam after I get back from the Bow Shoot, so I'm anxious to see how my pics will look from out in the woods. I'm still waiting on Chad's videos..... hint hint.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I finally got back and set my camera up on my food plot. After viewing the card on the cam I had in the woods and almost no activity except a few does I pulled the Exodus cam and put it on the main trail coming into my food plot from the neighbor's brush.

Last edited:

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I pulled my card today. Not much going on but had a bunch of turkeys. I have the camera set along the trail on the south side of my food plot. Got a picture of several does and one running fawn. The fawn was following this doe.

Last edited:
[video]https://youtu.be/vfQ3aGKSNew[/video]

720p video during transition hours. A couple young bucks getting ornery around a mineral site. Setup was a little better before all the undergrowth and of course the date and time are wrong. You think a guy who owned a trail cam company would get it right..haha

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Chad, I'm still waiting for you to post day time videos while of deer in the woods to compare with my video. I'm not thrilled with the mountain lion due to the cam not sensing it until almost too late.... just like my cam has been in video mode.

Chad, I'm still waiting for you to post day time videos while of deer in the woods to compare with my video. I'm not thrilled with the mountain lion due to the cam not sensing it until almost too late.... just like my cam has been in video mode.

Tough to say where exactly that lion came into the FOV, that's the only video he submitted. Obviously if it came across the FOV then the sensor was late, but if it came from the left or behind the cam it wasn't. I don't have any currently on hand, but if you go to https://www.facebook.com/exodusoutdoorgear there are plenty of videos to compare. I'm sorry to hear you're not happy with the LIFT, are you concerned with the PIR sensor sensitivity or the Video quality?

At the end of the day we want our customers to be happy with the product they've receive for the money they've spent, if you're not by all means utilize our refund policy. By no means do I want you to return the camera but it's more important to us that you're happy.

Steve has a few cams on video mode, I'll check with him in the next few days to see if he has anything for you.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thanks for the reply. I've been to the FB page & there's only one day time video that I see, which is of the cam that was knocked over, so that's not a fair comparison. I'm looking for daytime videos that are in the woods to see if they're any different than mine. I'm not saying I'm not happy, I'm just trying to get a feel for what these cams can do in video mode & I'm certainly not there yet. I have my cam back in pic mode & have not checked it since putting it back out after the bow shoot.... therefore I don't want to appear being negative. The PIR censor does have me concerned. Anything it has picked up has to be close, or even will almost entirely miss a deer walking across at five yards.... & I know there are different factors involved for a cam to do what you expect. The video quality does not appear to be in HD when downloading onto the laptop. Maybe that's just the way it is, I dunno. On the cam's viewing screen it appears fine, but I never mess with viewing pics or videos from the cam. I have this cam & my mms cam strapped to the same tree & I haven't been getting much activity, therefore I haven't thought about checking it.

So, see if you , or anyone else here who has one, can share to videos here. I'll probably go move it in the next day or so & switch back to video mode. ( I may end up liking the 5 pic burst mode I have it set in ) Thanks for checking Chad !

Here are a couple daytime videos from one of Steve's cams. I'm posting this off my phone so hopefully it works.

[video=youtube;XSNsSXRM1_c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSNsSXRM1_c[/video]

Last edited: