Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New Trail Camera Company Coming.....

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Just delivered. I'm impressed so far. Almost had to get the instructions out to remove the battery pack but figured it out. Packed great and no chance of damage.
I'll put out in the field tomorrow and put it to work. I'll read the instructions tonight but it looks straight forward. Install batteries, install memory card and turn on.
Thanks.
ASAP

I do wish the bottom camera door was locked by the bottom locking cable that goes around the tree rather than a separate lock to be installed. Just something to deal with and now I have to look for or buy a lock before I put in the field.

I dug out one of the gun locks that comes with all the new guns. It's Ruger yellow but some black electrical tape will take care of that.

Last edited:

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Set my cam up in the backyard in "Puppyville". First set of pics were impressive, very sharp and clear. I did not get any of the dogs chasing the ball so I'm wondering what's going on there....no blanks due to slow trigger just no pics. But when they were walking it took great pics. Going to leave it up for the evening and overnight.

The packaging was overkill but outstanding. The personalized note was a nice touch. The look of the cam is excellent and so is the "feel". It's a little bigger than I'm used to but I will sacrifice that for quality.It seems very user friendly too. Looking forward to playing with it some more.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
The 2nd round picked up some action shots. Moving subject=clear pic. This is huge in my book. If the night time photos are not blurry Exodus may have a loyal customer.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That is great picture quality and 2nd to none that I've ever seen coming from trail cameras.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I just set the cam on video and played ball with "Bucky". The only video I got was me walking out to get the ball about 20 yards from the cam...great pick up distance but none of Bucky chasing the ball over a 5 minute period. So far this is my only issue with the cam during daylight hours.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
After an evening of playing with this cam the only issue I see is a slow trigger speed. Unless the dogs are walking slowly it doesn't trigger until they are out of the frame and if they are running it does not trigger at all. All other aspects of the cam are great...ease of use, clarity of pics and videos, brightness of night time pics. Still need some night pics to check blurryness.

Overall a great cam that will be great on scrapes or feeders.....unless I got the one cam that has a slow trigger. Anxious to hear from others on this.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ok, I've been playing with this for a few hours & I'd like to say I'm impressed, but it will remain to be seen. The battery tray doesn't like to come out easily. I have to yank it out after depressing that button. It comes out a bit & gets stuck. Perhaps in due time, it will wear down a bit. I do not like those latches. They get in the way & I can see one or both of them getting broke down the road. I bought this to use in video mode & so far, my dog has already walked thru a number of times at different angles before being detected, just like Spencie mentioned. I had some videos of him coming thru, but the cam was already activated, so more testing there. I walked thru it once & it caught me immediately. In picture mode, the cam will catch him. The cam makes some kind of odd mechanical noise at times, almost like a spring being sprung.... I dunno, but it's not an issue at this time. It's taking forever for photobucket to process a video, so, in time I'll post one.

Just delivered. I'm impressed so far. Almost had to get the instructions out to remove the battery pack but figured it out. Packed great and no chance of damage.
I'll put out in the field tomorrow and put it to work. I'll read the instructions tonight but it looks straight forward. Install batteries, install memory card and turn on.
Thanks.
ASAP

I do wish the bottom camera door was locked by the bottom locking cable that goes around the tree rather than a separate lock to be installed. Just something to deal with and now I have to look for or buy a lock before I put in the field.

I dug out one of the gun locks that comes with all the new guns. It's Ruger yellow but some black electrical tape will take care of that.

We will definitely keep the thought of incorporating the door lock into the python cable lock, not sure why we didn't of that. You need a job? LOL The down side of that would be every time you wanted to pull a card you would have to take the camera off the tree and then set it back up

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
We will definitely keep the thought of incorporating the door lock into the python cable lock, not sure why we didn't of that. You need a job? LOL The down side of that would be every time you wanted to pull a card you would have to take the camera off the tree and then set it back up

I'm retired with too much R&D work now but thanks. LOL
No need to take camera off the tree as my Moultee has a hole in the door latch and I just run my cable end through it then to the cable lock..

Last edited:
Just a few general answers to all of your questions

-The battery tray does catch when ejecting. This is partially by design, early on when testing units the trays were falling out while swapping batteries with the camera hung vertically. On a specific sample unit we had a tray hang up by accident and solved that problem. We decided to incorporate that into the production battery trays. That being said they will eventually wear and drop more freely. There seems to be a "sweet" spot after changing the batteries a couple times.

-There is a slight filter "clunk" or mechanical noise when taking a video, it shouldn't be very significant. During testing we haven't experienced any noise in picture mode. If its arms length away you really shouldn't hear anything. Keep me posted on that

-I got back with Spencie on the detection zone. My only thought after reading the rest of your comments, that may be due to our .9 sec trigger speed. We haven't experience that problem with detection on video mode in our tests, but I will say we haven't tested it will running dogs. I plan to simulate a running "bucky" tomorrow and I'll let you all know the results

Thanks for all the great feedback, I hope you all love the cameras. I am now a frequent TOO visitor so let me know if I missed anything. Thank you all for your business and never hesitate to contact us if you have questions or issues.

One more thing..... The cam is suppose to arm itself after 30 seconds with a red & blue light indicating so. I'm not seeing any lights & the cam is ready to go after nine seconds.

I'll follow up with the manual on that....The models I have in hand show a 10 sec countdown to activation. I believe that's on us for not triple checking the manual before printing. We also caught a few errors in the manual....good thing we only printed 1000 copies. Haha I'll be sure to make those changes to the next addition. It's been revised several times with FW updates before production...I guessed we missed a few things.

Thanks for all the feedback!!!!!!

After testing several units this morning we haven't experienced any failure to trigger....We used a backpack loaded up with weight swinging through the camera's FOV at 20-25 feet. All 3 test units triggered and began to record video. Our delay setting was set to 1 second, not 30 secs.

We played with the trigger delay settings ranging from 1-30 secs and did experience some failures to trigger with longer delays. I'm not quite sure why, even with the delay the trigger should still fire at the predetermined time. My advice would be to set the trigger delay to 1 sec and see how that performs. Let me know your thoughts and feedback

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ok, as promised, here's a night time video of skinny legs & the beast.....

Now, it really doesn't test anything, so it is what it is. I left the cam out just underneath the camper in pic mode to capture whatever is shitting in the drive way & sure enough, there was something about 20 feet away which I couldn't tell what it was. Next time I'll have the cam up off the ground so the light is illuminated better. I had the cam out this morning with the beast again & I discovered a number of things. Back in video mode, the red & blue light actually lit up after 30 secs a few different times. It never did it last night. After messing with it in pic mode using about a 9 pic burst with the dog running around, I tried the video again and it would actuate after 10 sec with no blue / red light AND after the 1st video recording..... the cam shuts down. It's not easy using a dog & thinking you're gonna get all the action pics you're attempting. I 've been trying it for years & never learn, but here's a few ....

I had the dog sit & then come to me thinking there would be a number of pics, but there wasn't ...

This shows the clarity of an action shot .....

I did have a few in sequence of one another in action, and I was left feeling good about that.

The temp reading is way off. I will admit that I like how the battery tray catches. One time using my Moultrie Pano, the weight of the C batteries forced the tray to pop out & it broke the hinge of the door as it fell. I use AA batteries in it now after it was replaced. I was starting to have high hopes once the video started working as advertised, but since it has reverted back to a 10 sec start up and then shutting down completely after one video taken has left me in doubt.

Last edited:

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Well here I am again. I just finished mowing & I wanted to try this video thing again. When I mentioned that the cam turned off after a video was made, I learned that the screen turns off after the 1st video for some reason, yet continues to take videos without me realizing it. I just think there is a lack of info in the instructions to fully understand this cam. I decided to say fugg it & get the cam in the woods. When I switch it to live mode again, there is still a 10 second countdown. That same countdown while at the house would make the cam go live. I was hurrying to get the cam closed up during the countdown after attaching it to a tree & while I stood back looking at it, the red / blue flash lit up. I really do believe I'm going to like this cam in short time. $200 is telling me I damn well better. I'll check the cam this coming weekend.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
After testing several units this morning we haven't experienced any failure to trigger....We used a backpack loaded up with weight swinging through the camera's FOV at 20-25 feet. All 3 test units triggered and began to record video. Our delay setting was set to 1 second, not 30 secs.

We played with the trigger delay settings ranging from 1-30 secs and did experience some failures to trigger with longer delays. I'm not quite sure why, even with the delay the trigger should still fire at the predetermined time. My advice would be to set the trigger delay to 1 sec and see how that performs. Let me know your thoughts and feedback

I think changing the delay setting has helped. It's raining so I'm not as into it this eve. All that's left is to get this cam out in the woods and let it do it's thing.
I will say the customer service is first rate. Exodus cares about their customers. Thanks Chad.