Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 2

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Hey guys checking in and hope to get some time out there.
Going to spend some time trying to get one of my friends son his first bird when he can go and will get out several days myself also.
Name is Brian and this will be my 32nd yr chasing birds.
Hey Jake good to have you on the team,we were on the same deer team so might as well do the turkey team together also.
Good luck guys!!

PA Bandit Checking In.......The name is Jared by the way

I will be hunting Summit/Portage/Stark in Ohio and Indiana/Armstrong in Pennsylvania although my wife is expecting at the end of April so I may be limited for a week or two after.

I have (4) tags so I hoping I can provide some value as I would not like to eat that much tag at the end of the month.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Hey Fellas, Marcus checking in. I will be hunting Coshocton, Muskingum and Knox counties. I will also be taking my daughter to try and get her her first bird. Congrats Jared!

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Still waitin for Jake to check in.
I will be hunting Perry,Licking and hocking counties.
Taking a friends son out sat and my neice sunday would love to see them get their first birds.
Most of my time will be with them but have a few days lined up for myself.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Where the hell is Jake??? Someone has to be the last one to check in...he seems to be slacking ever since he got that tax payer funded job...

Thanks Mao......no baby yet though hoping my wife holds out so I can at least get a first day hunt in now.

Been out everyday before work and I have a group of (3) on lockdown this morning actually I was close enough to watch them strutting on the limb. Also there is another group of (5) 2 year olds that have been roosting within 200 yards that I hear every morning. Really hoping Monday pans out as I will be limited for time as the season moves on.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Thanks Mao......no baby yet though hoping my wife holds out so I can at least get a first day hunt in now.

Been out everyday before work and I have a group of (3) on lockdown this morning actually I was close enough to watch them strutting on the limb. Also there is another group of (5) 2 year olds that have been roosting within 200 yards that I hear every morning. Really hoping Monday pans out as I will be limited for time as the season moves on.

Sounds like your set man! Good luck!

I am taking my 6 year old out tomorrow morning in the blind. She's got a six point buck under her belt and is shooting the crossbow lights out. I would just love to get her a shot.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Good luck if any of you make it out next week.
I wont get any time for myself till the last two weeks of season,will be taking some kids out till then unless their sports get in the way.
Good luck on the baby Jared.
Good luck with your daughter Marcus!
Not sure where Jake is at we might be a 3 man team.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
My daughter got to watch a show. Gobblers hammering in the trees. Hens flew down into the field we were over. Long beard hammering across the field to us strutting to us. Unfortunately he stopped about 10 yards to far. We had a blast nevertheless. Good luck to everyone!

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
New news, my dad let me know today that the land we turkey hunt is getting timbered. They stayed last week...so I'm gonna give er hell, but it's gonna be tough.

I managed to lay one to rest after a great but yet shitty first week. I had birds going all week with a miss on what would have been one of my top tier toms. Anyway bounced back with a kill this morning. I will try to get the harvest report up for our team by the end of the day (warning one of the smallest 2 year olds I have ever shot)

Turkey 1.jpg

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Congrats PA.
I will be out with my neice and a friends son Josh this weekend.
Probably wont hunt much for myself till last couple weeks of season.
Going to try and get out and hunt late morning tomorrow.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
So i get to my cousins around 9:30 this morning to hunt after i got off work.
Sat and called awhile, then moved up top and at 11:15 had one gobble and work my way and at 11:30 i shot about when he zagged and flat out missed him.lol.
Oh well not bad for my first two hrs out this season and not the first bird i ever missed and probably not the last.lmao
Good luck this weekend.