Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 2

So i get to my cousins around 9:30 this morning to hunt after i got off work.
Sat and called awhile, then moved up top and at 11:15 had one gobble and work my way and at 11:30 i shot about when he zagged and flat out missed him.lol.
Oh well not bad for my first two hrs out this season and not the first bird i ever missed and probably not the last.lmao
Good luck this weekend.

Its all good I can honestly say I have had my far share of them as well not the greatest feeling especially after you climax at the point you pull the trigger but in the end that just saves him for another day. On that note I have already recorded (2) misses for the season so it seems maybe as a team we need to fine tune our selves. Good luck to yourself as well and just enjoy being out there that's what its all about.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Hey man you'll have that. I've missed em big time, at least you're getting shots. Yesterday no matter where we set up, the birds would come to about 90 yards and hang up. Today will be some new tactics and calls. Goodluck today fellers!

Mao

Coshocton, OH
I've been getting schooled! Been close a time or two but have not got a shot yet. Congrats PA Bandit! That's a nice bird! Boarhead, don't feel bad. I missed 3 times last year. Twice I dropped birds and they still managed to get away and flat out whiffed on an easy 25 yd shot. It happens! Sounds like you guys have all been on em. Keep it up! It's bound to happen!

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I think Taylors with neighbor put a voodoo hex on me.
Worked an old bird on the roost this morning about 300 yds away and had him in by 7am,should hVe shot when i first saw him clear the hill but let him keep coming and had to clear he had to clear a few trees when he putted and ran away.Looked to my left and saw 2 yotes coming around the hill.fuggers lol.
Have had fun though,only been out twice and should have been done.oh well.
Taking Josh who is 13 and on one of our youth teams out tomorrow.
Sure hope he gets one.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Frustrated... Watched him strut and gobble on the limb 25 yards from me. We got in real early and set up right on him. He had to of studied the Dakota semi-strut jake and submissive hen to long. Before he flew down he putted like 20 times then flew out down the hill. Couldn't call because he was right over us... Frustrating...

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Keep after them Marcus it will happen.
Josh and i haven't heard a bird yet.
Have seen lots of deer though.
Had this one at 5 Yds,he thought that was cool.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1430048498995.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1430048498995.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 85
  • uploadfromtaptalk1430049098079.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1430049098079.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 81
Back for more....My son was born on Monday April 27th and after some quality family time and getting adjusted to the new addition I finally was able to make it back out again this morning. On top of all this I was blessed with taking this (3) year old at 6:45 with plenty of time to make it to work for my first day back. Sorry for the picture quality not sure what was up with my phone camera. I will have the harvest report on probably Sunday as I am going back tonight for the PA opener tomorrow:

Levi.jpgTUrkey2.jpgTurkey3.jpg

Also congrats to Boarhead on the success looks like a beautiful bird hope it was a hunt to remember.....Sounds like everyone is into some birds so hopefully you guys have a good rest of the season looks like I will be spending my Saturdays in PA for the rest of season. I think I have a few buddies coming up to hunt the "honey hole" so I might have some more pictures before the end of season.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Congrats Jared.
Took a buddy out and almost got him one today,going to be taking one of our youth hunters out tomorrow.
After killing one i really enjoy taking others out to try and get them on one.
Would really like to get Josh on one,he is 13 and really enjoys hunting and it would be his first.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Congrats on #2 Jared! I had one yesterday inside of 40 yds. Could of blazed him at one point but waited on a better shot. One never presented itself, so he skirted me and that was that. I am going with my dad all weekend. I would love for at least one of us to smack one. Hopefully it is him.