Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My wife is awesome

angelzd28

I came home from work yesterday and my wife had this waiting for me! :smiley_bril: Its been on lay away for a couple months and she surprised me and went and picked it up. Its the Hoyt Charger with the Fuze package. I plan on updating some of the hardware, but now its time to practice.

hoyt.jpg

angelzd28

Thanks everybody, shes a keeper, and my wife is great TOO, haha.
Question though, if you were going to upgrade your bow, what would be the first thing you replace, if you were doing it piece by piece?

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Question though, if you were going to upgrade your bow, what would be the first thing you replace, if you were doing it piece by piece?

Now you're treading into dangerous waters changing what she thought you would like. But then if that's how the bow was setup you have a chance. But you may have to wait till she thinks you deserve something again. Maybe after she gets a new car or the new back breaking landscaping is put in. Best to find out.
Had to laugh about hiding new things from the wife. When the my wife worked in the office I guess she bought new clothes and didn't tell me but then later when I noticed them and asked 'oh I've had this a long time' and she did as she never told me about it. But she deserved it all.
I for one for over 50 yrs. I play by simple rules: if I thinks it's a good idea, if I have the extra cash in my pocket, and not illegal or immoral I do it. If the wife doesn't like I only have to put up with the rough time only once. Most of the time she gets over it and later may even think it was her idea. Something like the new game caller being delivered this week.
LOL

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
I'd probably start with the sight. It's the most expensive accessory but the most important in my opinion. If you're comfortable with your sight I'd move next to the rest. After that the stabilizer and lastly the quiver.

Treed

Stark County

Nice Bow. Great wife!
I bought the 2013 edition with the Fuze package. First thing that went was the biscuit. The stock 3 pin sight went later but since it had a level in it and pretty good fiber, I decided to get the drop away first. Side plates is another thing that I put on both my Hoyts. That big ole wrap around grip is a beast, side plates gives them a totally different feel. I love it. I bought a Faktor Turbo last year with every intention of selling that Charger to recoup some of my money but when the time came to think about selling that bow, I just kind of kept putting it off. Who was I kidding? Now I've got a back up.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good wife you have there. I would probably change the rest first if it were me. Can add a quiver between now and Sept sometime. Sight would be after the rest. Stab would be after quiver most likely unless it was a necessity. I think a $20 stabilizer is about all I have ever used. Lol

I don't claim to be an archery pro either though.

carbonarcher

Good choice now there's more hoyt fans.I love my new carbon spyder and love putting new parts every chance I can.Good luck& cant wate too hear about the fun ya have choosing accessories.Get serious.Get Hoyt.