Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lake bite

FOWLQUEEN

Slow evening fishing but jiggin managed to get a few fish in the boat ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430614596.244196.jpg

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
What does it cost to take a charter boat out for Walleye these days? Something I've been wanting to do for awhile now an may make it happen this summer.

Flatlander

Darby Creek
What does it cost to take a charter boat out for Walleye these days? Something I've been wanting to do for awhile now an may make it happen this summer.

Most good 6 man charters are around $90 per man for half day trip. You can take one of the head boats out of Port Clinton for a lot less but the fishing is crowded usually not near as good.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Had a pretty good weekend on the big lake...the kids and I got 24 in 2 days.

Caught 3 bonus smallies yesterday as well...too bad they are out of season right now...

Just 1 More

614-327-7144 Eyehunter Charters.....a buddy of mine and he absolutely slays the fish! Check out his Facebook page. I was up last weekend on my boat and he was fishing the same area around Mouse Island and took limits all weekend long of monster fish. Half the fish we caught last weekend were fish Ohio's.

Sent him an e-mail, waiting on a reply

FOWLQUEEN

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433458323.239051.jpg

Good fishing before last weekends storm ( day one)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433458356.740845.jpg
Quick outing day 2

And some bonus white bass and catfish ( use them for dog food) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433458419.928157.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1433458432.914909.jpg

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Cool. Those white bass ain't bad If ya trim the red meat and cook em fresh . . I've eaten em more than once .

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Cool. Those white bass ain't bad If ya trim the red meat and cook em fresh . . I've eaten em more than once .
I will say this for the 1,000,001st time, We have smoked every fish known to man. Every species of Trout, Salmon, Bass, and Catfish. And White Bass are the best tasting smoked fish by far. Literally hundreds of people that have eaten it and the other fish agree that they are absolutely wonderful. I've been bagging up a dozen at a time the last couple weeks. Sometime here in July I wanna break out the homemade smoker and do a couple hundred.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Ehhh.... You guys can have the white bass. They're fun to catch but that's about is as far as in concerned. You can make almost anything taste good with smoke.

badger

*Supporting Member*
Today was the first day out for me in ages. We launched out of Conneaut this morning and iced down a two man limit before one this afternoon. We threw one eye back that was 27"+ because it was covered in golf ball size tumors.

I'm looking forward to a plate full of breaded white bass as well!

Flatlander

Darby Creek
I have never fished the Central basin....how for did you have to go out Dale? I was up Thursday between the islands and we caught 9 eyes and cruised over to Rattlesnake Island and caught 50 perch.

badger

*Supporting Member*
Nice haul Dale.... How was the lake today wave wise?

Had a blast, but there was a good chop early on. Seen lots of 3' + waves.

I have never fished the Central basin....how for did you have to go out Dale? I was up Thursday between the islands and we caught 9 eyes and cruised over to Rattlesnake Island and caught 50 perch.

That's a good haul on the perch! I was told the perch bite here has been slow. We were 8 miles straight north in 67-72 feet of water. Two eyes were caught on spoons, and the rest taken on worm harnesses.