Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lake bite

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
I guess I should have gotten in the tournament this weekend. We fished 2 days and had 17 fish ohios ...most incredible 2 days of fishing in my life. Smallest fish both days was 25 inches.

Next tourney is on the 25th but its proly sold out. I'm hoping to get a couple days of fishing in next week. Good luck out there guys.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
We'll be back up Saturday but Prolly stick to jigging . Its fun trolling up those big ladys but man is it fun feeling em smack a jig or blade .

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
We tried jigging Saturday evening..got 7 including a 30 incher my son caught...

Went jigging again Sunday morning and there were probably 2000 boats out there within the first mile of shore...couldn't get much going so I headed for deeper water and started pulling some cranks...it paid off

Ended up with 20 on Sunday and 13 on Monday, would have gotten limit on monday but got blown off the lake. 17 fish out of 33 were 28 to 31 inches long, and the rest were between 25 and 28 inches.

Last edited:

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
Awesome Gern, Ya we have to go for the ladys, So we will be trolling. Its all fun when your catching the fish. No matter how you do it.

Wonder where they will be next week. Hope to find out. Wont hurt my feelings to put another bunch in the freezer.

FOWLQUEEN

The weekend before last the boys put a hurting on them limiting both days ( 2/3)
With almost all fish being over 29 inchs
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429634745.355308.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1429634759.085043.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1429634780.071659.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1429634808.623840.jpg

Then last weekend was my turn
2 limits( went jiggin after the photo to finish off the limit) both days not quite as big of fish but still managed to catch my biggest (32 1/2 and 11lbs post spawn)

Awesome time on the lake
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429635022.142101.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1429635051.343108.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1429635063.093969.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1429635075.063308.jpg

Flatlander

Darby Creek
Can anyone recommend a charter for this time of year?

614-327-7144 Eyehunter Charters.....a buddy of mine and he absolutely slays the fish! Check out his Facebook page. I was up last weekend on my boat and he was fishing the same area around Mouse Island and took limits all weekend long of monster fish. Half the fish we caught last weekend were fish Ohio's.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 167

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Was up to the lake over the weekend and the weather was poor Saturday and Sunday morning, so we got a bunch of work done around the camper. About 1pm, the wind calmed down and got real nice out..so Mallory and I decided to head out and see what we could catch in a few hours before heading back home...lake was perfect! I found a pocket of active fish and it was game on...water was stained, but the rattles in the perfect 10s we were pulling did the trick!

Flatlander

Darby Creek
Was up to the lake over the weekend and the weather was poor Saturday and Sunday morning, so we got a bunch of work done around the camper. About 1pm, the wind calmed down and got real nice out..so Mallory and I decided to head out and see what we could catch in a few hours before heading back home...lake was perfect! I found a pocket of active fish and it was game on...water was stained, but the rattles in the perfect 10s we were pulling did the trick!

That's what I call making good use of your last few hours! Glad you and the young lady got on the fish!

We have been catching ours on the line where the stained water meets the clean.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra

That's what I call making good use of your last few hours! Glad you and the young lady got on the fish!

We have been catching ours on the line where the stained water meets the clean.

There was no clean water anywhere that I could find Sunday.

Eye Spy

Willard, OH
My charter buddies had easy limits yesterday jigging the reefs but today was much slower. Hair jigs have caught all of their fish the past couple days.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
That last weekend we were up the P10s were definitely the hot bait . Not sure when I'll make it up again . Definitely in a couple weeks but hopefully sooner.