Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lake bite

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
The bite was on Saturday on lake erie. Our biggest one was just shy of 12lbs. IMG_1724 - Copy.JPG

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That's a hog! We trolled around F can Saturday and really struggled. Just couldn't figure out the program.

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
We used reef runners and husky jerks. They were biting better earlier. slowed down by 10:30am. Going back out Thursday and Friday. Looks like rain. sux.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Great job . I drove up Saturday but we bailed because of the wind and waves . My buddy has a 20' dual console Lund . Without a full windshield and bimini we would of been miserable

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
Ya we trolled close to shore. We were gonna go out farther but it looked to nasty. 21.5 Ranger. were gonna tough it out end of the week tho if its not t totally fugged.

Flathead76

Athens
Great job . I drove up Saturday but we bailed because of the wind and waves . My buddy has a 20' dual console Lund . Without a full windshield and bimini we would of been miserable
Lunds are generally what I consider a wet boat to fish in. You made a smart move.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Got into the fish last night on a red hot jig bite. 8-10 FOW and only a few hundred yards off shore. Black and purple hair jigs tipped with minnows. We didn't get started until almost 6 oclock and that first hour was crazy fast action. But what was really strange was how many females we caught... Almost every fish that came over the gunnel was a female. 5 fish were over 26" and 2 of those were over 29". That's the most "big" fish I've seen caught while jigging ever. Carpn give me a call if you're coming up this weekend.