Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Walleye Run

Heading up to the mighty Maumee this week! Brought my waders back to school with me and now I am ready to catch some gators! Lol has anybody heard on how the bite up there has been lately? Supposedly I heard that Buttonwood is not fishable right now from the flooding a few weeks ago.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Water was high over the weekend and it was super cold. Fishing was slow from what I know. Should really pick up by the end of this week.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Fish are in the river now...when water starts dropping the fishing will improve greatly, and with warmer temps it will really help out...good luck

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Fishing will improve every day this week with the sun out and warmer temps. Buttonwood park is closed but you can pay $5 and park at Shroeders campground just downstream and access the same water as BW from there

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Knocked the shit out of them yesterday morning. Hooked up about 7 times in the first 45 minutes to get my limit. Where I was the fish would swing downstream into some heavy current and if I didn't horse them in the first 25 yards or so then they tend to pop off. After I got my 4 I helped my buddy who's still learning. The 4 I handed off to him were about a 4lb average, nearly double the 4 on my stringer. In all it took a little over 2 hours for 3 of us to get our 12 fish. I was having best luck on Chartreuse head with an orange/yellow glitter tail under a 1/2oz weight with 4 foot leader. Most guys were only running 3/8oz and they were losing feel at the end of the drift. I did see most guys were getting their fish but not as fast as we were

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I was down Wednesday afternoon in a boat and got my 4 between 330 and 5...we got 24 between 6 of us. It is hot right now.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I was down Wednesday afternoon in a boat and got my 4 between 330 and 5...we got 24 between 6 of us. It is hot right now.
Yes it is. I wasn't originally going to fish today because we have to work half a day and then Good Friday service tonight at 7pm. But I think its a safe bet to get my limit in the 4 hours I will have to fish up there today. My buddy just called and said he got 12 legals in abut 2 hours where we were yesterday

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
My dad fished last evening and pulled a limit between 4 and dark . He grabbed a cheap motel room and fished again this morning . Started slow but after a minor move he had a limit on the stringer in less than a hr . Him and my mom are heading back up Sunday after Easter lunch and staying till tues .

Me and a couple buddies went in the middle of the week and one got a limit, two more with 3, and two with one fish each. I only caught one, but I lost two nice ones. It is definitely heating up!

loose_is_fast

McClure
when I say "In the face" I mean "In the mouth" and when I say "In the mouth" I mean "from the inside out"
I do not keep snagged fish, i love to fish too much to get caught and fined or even lose my license.

Last edited: