Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Walleye Run

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I finally hit the river for my maiden trip last night. Fished Orleans from 3 30 til sunset. I caught 5 legals and snagged a few. Lost several other legals. Between 5 of us we left with 10 fish. Wasnt a whole lot of catching going on, but once guys started leaving, we were able to start shortcasting to where the fish were without tangling up with everyone. From then on, we slammed them the last hour. Felt good to get out again

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1459376140.446771.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1459376154.385393.jpg

Not walleye and not on a river lol

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Fished again last night. Went to same area as day before. arrived at 4:30. Did not catch a thing and by 7pm I had moved around 5 times. Legal quitting time was 7:58pm. Finally found a spot all to myself and located a shitload of eyes stacked up behind a small rock bar. I hooked up with probably 10 legal eyes over the next 45 minutes. I left with 4 Eyes. I actually hit my last fish on the last cast at 7:58pm

Buckmaster

Portage
That's a chunky monkey right there Ben.... Nice!!! Pond or lake??

I've got a pond in my front yard. Those are my pet fish so I catch them once in a while, pet them, and release them.
My fish are 5 years old now. 11-12" gills, 18-21" bass, and 24"-28" channel cats.
I supplemental feed them every summer, all summer with Purina fish food.
It's about time to order my fish food. I'm thinking about becoming an evil owner this summer and introduce a few of those catfish to the skillet.
I stocked 50 catfish so I could harvest up to 25.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Fished Friday through Sunday and pounded the Walleye. Sunday was the Maumee Tackle Tournament. My buddy and his friend fished right next to us and took first place. Kinda bittersweet. We probably caught twice as many fish as they did but they happened to land a few nice ones. Everything we got were 2.5 - 3lbers. Heading up tomorrow at daybreak and then friday at daybreak

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
You fishing tomorrow?? I think Hunter and I may hit it in the morning before we have to start setting up blinds for our handicapped turkey hunt. We will likely fish rain or shine.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
You fishing tomorrow?? I think Hunter and I may hit it in the morning before we have to start setting up blinds for our handicapped turkey hunt. We will likely fish rain or shine.

That's the plan for now. Was gonna hit the rockpile at Daybreak. My 8 month old has been on antibiotics for a few days and still running a fever so we are awaiting a callback from our Doc. Hoping just for a med change. My buddy who won the tourney is still pounding them every morning out there. But other than that, The run is over:smiley_coolpeace:

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
It was a tough day today. Started off at Daybreak and by Noon, I had fished a couple different spots with only 1 legal walleye to show for it. Moved to a small spot Dad and I used to always fish. There wasnt another fisherman within 200 yards of me in any direction. By 1pm, i was walking out with my limit. Never even screwed around afterward, as I plan on hitting that spot tomorrow. No need for anyone else to find the "nest".

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
With no snow run off it should warm up quick. Haven't fished in years but want to try it again. Don't know shit about the floating jigs so I'm going to need some teaching for sure. Anybody want to share how you set up?