Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Wolves and delisting

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
This pisses me off to no end. How can one judge put the wolf back on the endangerd list. In the U.P. of Michigan. residence there are having it tough because there are so many wolves. For one, The deer population has gone to shit. So there are a lot less people going up there to deer hunt. Hurting local business. Bear hunters using dogs have had there dogs killed by wolves. Farmers loosing livestock to wolves. The much anticipated moose hunting opportunities have been all but forgotten because the moose numbers have crumbled because of the wolves.
What happens when theres nothing left but wolves?

Michigan had its first wolf hunt 2 years ago and killed 23 wolves. Last years hunt was canceled because of outside idiots.

Last year the MDNR radiao collard 15 does. In less the 4 months, All 15 does were killed by wolves.

Its hard to believe how fast they can populate. The MDNR says there are at least 700 wolves in the U.P. Local clubs say there are many more then that.
Populations need to be controlled by the state. Not some idiot sitting behind a desk that don't have a clue whats going on.

Wolves have been seen as far back as 2002 in lower Michigan. Soon they will be in Ohio, Breeding like cats.

What you guys think about wolves and there population control?

Protections for gray wolf are reinstated

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service on Thursday reinstated protections for the gray wolf in Wisconsin and other states.

Gary Kramer

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service on Thursday reinstated protections for the gray wolf in Wisconsin and other states.

Feb. 19, 2015

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service on Thursday reinstated protections under the federal Endangered Species Act for the gray wolf in Wisconsin and nearby states after a federal judged in December struck down the agency's decision to remove protections.

The agency's actions apply to Wyoming, as well as Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan and portions of North and South Dakota, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio.

There are substantial populations of wolves in Wyoming, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Michigan.

The Fish and Wildlife Service removed federal protections for gray wolves in 2012 and turned over management — and decisions on how to control their burgeoning populations — to states.

But for years before the agency's action, wolves have been at the center of a debate about the appropriate level of protection for the animals.

In December, U.S. District Judge Beryl Howell in Washington, D.C., ruled that the removal by the agency was "arbitrary and capricious" and violates the Endangered Species Act.

Thursday's action by the agency officially reinstates protections for the wolf.

The state's wolf hunting season ended before the judge's ruling. The most recent wolf hunting and trapping season ended with 154 wolves registered, according to the Department of Natural Resources.

Last week, U.S. Rep. Reid Ribble, a Green Bay Republican, introduced legislation that would restore wolves to their former unprotected status.

. .

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Legislating with their hearts not the brains.... Friggin libtards refuse believe the science and see them as playful little pups....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Talked to a guide from Alaska over the weekend. Said they used to do a ton of moose hunts among other hunts. Now they offer bear, wolves, and an occasional moose hunt. Can take up to 10 wolves/day up there. Said they covered 100 sq miles in one of those little planes every day for a couple weeks. Saw 4 moose. Said it is tough to be a certified moose guide without any moose. Wolves have taken over.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The problem is that the judges making these stupid decisions don't live in the area where the wolves are. Their only information is from wolf lovers who probably don't live there either. Only a judge living were the damn wolves are should be able to make these decisions.
We already know what the wolf's small cousin the coyote does to deer damage around here.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
If they show up around my place I will be posting a picture in the coyote thread.....just saying..until I see regulations saying that you can't kill them in Ohio...I will shoot them.

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
Ya I thought so to, I seen one while hunting in the northern lower of Michigan in 2002. I was in shock at what I saw through the scope of my 30.06 at 20 yards. I was not prepaired for a wolf. Just kinda looked at it in awe. When he took off I could hear people shooting at him till the sound went out of hearing distance. My buddys said I was crazy but later that day on our way to get some lunch, We all seen a wolf crossing the road.

In the state of Washington there is a lot of debate going on about wolf populations. They have less then 400 wolves and are complaining. The U.P. has over 700 in a smaller area.
The moose population is down in the U.P. from around 450 in 2013 to barley over 300 now. When they gonna give a shit about the moose? These anit mfers are fn idiots.
Problem is that the antis take the time to do whatever it takes to stop hunting, Even if they don't realy know wtf is realy going on.
We as hunters just don't do enough to fight the antis imo.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
If they show up around my place I will be posting a picture in the coyote thread.....just saying..until I see regulations saying that you can't kill them in Ohio...I will shoot them.

Far as I'm concerned they're overgrown yotes......

I know a guy that lost a hound to wolf attack while coon hunting. People are all up in arms about it here. The wolf lover types are almost terrorists. In 2010 WSU released twelve wolves on one of there large tracks of land. In 2012 they had to hire trappers and hunter to kill all the individuals from that pack. For two years all the wolves killed was livestock. So instead of calling it quits WSU funded by some wolf lover group is trying it again.

The BLM also needs to let us kill all the stupid "wild" horses so the pronghorn reintroduction can take hold. As well as preserve the grass land. How a species that was never native to this continent can be considered endangered and federally protected is beyond me. Wild horses are no different than wild hogs. But the libtards love them just like the wolves.

Last edited:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I gotta believe there is a lot of SSS going on in areas where wolves are, yet they continue to expand. That is what is concerning to me. I've spoken with two Idaho residents about their wolf issues. One man was a guide for deer, elk and bear. Now, all they have left to hunt are wolves, according to him. The other guy I spoke with on the matter was TJ Conrads. He explained that it was all a libtard idea, and the wolves that were introduced were a much larger and aggressive species than the small native red wolves that were already there. According to TJ, the introduced wolves set about to kill off the small native wolves first.

None of this wolf reintroduction business makes any sense. Our great grandfathers had the right idea concerning wolves.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
This has been posted before but seems like it needs brought back up lol.....

[video=youtube;DbMQzZ9a1eQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbMQzZ9a1eQ[/video]