Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jesse's 2015 Pics & Videos

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Very nice! I don't think you should wait to see what he looks like at 5! Hope you get a crack at him!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good stuff. I had a dream I killed a deer last night. Rack was pretty decent but not a stud. Walked up on him and he was the size of a German Shepard with a 110-120" rack. Not sure what it means. Maybe a sign to pass the younger deer like you did last year. Lol

Hope you arrow him or a different dandy this year Jesse.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Love it!!!! History at its best! An encounter in which you passed on him,TC pics the following year showing nice improvement and now the chess match begins! Good luck this season Jesse!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
This may be the best trail cam picture I've had in quite a while. The last doe killed on our farm (to my knowledge and under my control) was on opening day of 2010 bow season. We've held off on shooting does to help the population rebound. In the winter months I've had this many on camera, but that is almost to be expected. However it has always been slim pickings during the summer/early fall. There were five mature does and at least 4 fawns down here that morning. With the coming availability of food on our farm, we should be able to keep these girls close. I know 3 of them are using the farm daily, so that's my bait for cruising bucks come late October and November!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Couple decent bucks showed up at my parents this week. Still nothing at the farm buck wise, but deer numbers are as good as they've ever been, so I won't complain. I don't get many funky racked deer on cam, so this guy made my day!

This 8 is tempting. He's 4 and is a solid P&Y deer. I'll have to think long and hard about what to do if he shows up.