Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Shoot or not?

Yep I would shoot and not hide it from anyone, and Chad is right on the money. A normal deers tarsal glands are darker than the rest of it's body, stained up like a bed wetters mattress!

Flatlander

Darby Creek
I would say this is a buck of a lifetime and would shoot him in a heartbeat with whatever means legal......preferably my bow. Anyone who says no shoot.....how long do you think he is going to live anyway? What is the life expectancy of a whitetail....isn't it like 7 years? Why just let him die of old age and be wasted? I respect anyone who would choose not to shoot, just wondering why.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
I am also saying no. I shot a piebald 10 point because it was piebald and regretted having to sit out the rut and rest of the year a few days later. Not trying to be different, just don't think I would. He can't even go 125" can he?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
On the fence. Trophy? Absolutely. Could I afford a full body mount AND have a place to put him? I don't know. 120-140-200" wouldn't make a difference. He is a trophy. 80-100"? I would probably not shoot. He is a solid deer in regards to age and antlers. I think it would be a tree stand decision.

Honestly what I think is reality? I would probably stare in amazement and not think to pick my bow off the hanger.