Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Back yard deer

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Your camera takes great crisp clear pictures! Didn't realize that was a lake till it was mentioned on your other thread. Do you own that piece of ground or is other private or public? What an awesome setting!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
That's really cool Jim. I would love to live outside of town and have a chance to see deer on my property like that even if it is for just a short time in deep snow.

Huckleberry Finn

Yup...you are living the dream. Little slice of heaven right there.

I watched 3 to 5 doe all last winter from my old apartment window, miss seeing deer daily.

bluedog

Really enjoyed the pictures. The deer over by us have chose to yard up somewhere else this year. :( Last year they yarded on our farm. That meant for all of January and February 2014 we had "the regulars" which numbered around 35 deer and a few nights I counted 46 deer. That was fun to watch.

Feb 28th 2014

This year we had up to 15 deer in that same field until about the second week of January when they all left for wherever it is that their buddies decided to yard up. Haven't seen a deer track on the farm in about 6 weeks.

So it is really nice to see someone enjoying viewing the yarded deer this winter. I'm looking forward to all this snow going far far away.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Thanks again guys.
No ice shanny for me motorbreaker! I do chase em in fair weather though...

bluedog

How's everyone's yarded up deer doing? The snow is finally subsiding here and then one day last week it was like someone turned on a switch. After not seeing one single deer or one single deer track on our farm for 7-8 weeks, there were deer everywhere. One evening there were 10 in the field behind my house and 8 more just over the fence in my neighbor's field and at the same time 15 in the field across the street. Now I am back to seeing deer every evening. Sure is good to see them again.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
My group of 15 was down to 8 last night hitting the Red Oaks hard for last seasons acorns. Only 1 walked up to what's left of the corn pile.

On a side note, 3 coons beat the hell out of a small opossum last night... Makes me want to even the playing field. Poor little guy was bloodied pretty bad about the face and front paw...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Those damn coons are mean as hell. I don't think anyone would fault you for going all ODNR on them and reducing them drastically.