Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

NR Hunting license cost.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
I don't give a damn for the whole state of michigan the whole state of michigan the whole state of michigan i dont give a damn for the whole state of michigan because i live in OHIO. Everybody sing along lol!!!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I am one of the relatively few here that does not think we need an increase in NR fees. I've paid through the nose to hunt elk in NM, but that was ELK! The residents of NM have to put in for a draw to get an elk tag, and they don't get them every year. Elk aren't nearly as abundant as deer. It makes sense. Our deer hunting should not be compared to a state like Iowa. There are more people in the Cleveland area than the entire state of Iowa, there are more deer in Iowa than people. You would be paying for a quality experience (less people), when buying an Iowa tag. I'd be pretty ticked off if I paid a small fortune to hunt Ohio as a non-resident and then had to fight for a parking spot ...and that is what I would be doing if I were hunting one of the public areas near where I currently live. To me, there is a great deal of value in solitude. That's hard to find in Ohio...and the cost should show that, IMO.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
NR hunting is free choice. Either pay the correct price or don't. Fair is fair.
In the past I've hunted MI, PA, IN, WY, KY, CO, SD and Canada. I made a decision before I went and either went or stayed home. Simple as that and never complained about the cost of license.

antiqucycle

East Ohio
If non residents are willing to pay $5000 up to $10000 to lease a farm for their Exclusive use, then poach deer with AR15's during bow season, I think they deserve some hatred and $600 for a license. What about the fly by night ohio characters who lease land on the cheap from an elderly farmer then charge $500 a day for their "guide service" to out of staters.

The worst is they are putting their treestands on the wrong property, the property I have permission to hunt.

When is old Tonky going to propose licenses for fly by night "outfitters"?

If non residents are willing to pay $5000 up to $10000 to lease a farm for their Exclusive use, then poach deer with AR15's during bow season, I think they deserve some hatred and $600 for a license. What about the fly by night ohio characters who lease land on the cheap from an elderly farmer then charge $500 a day for their "guide service" to out of staters.

The worst is they are putting their treestands on the wrong property, the property I have permission to hunt.

When is old Tonky going to propose licenses for fly by night "outfitters"?

I'm sorry but that has to be one of the most asinine posts I have read yet. Where do you get off saying "they deserve hatred" for something that may or may not have happened in your neck of the woods?! Sounds like you've got an axe to grind for one group of bad people and lumping a whole group of others in to your problem is just stupid. Until you walk in my shoes or anyone else's you'll get no respect from me.

Last edited:

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Hey the reason lake Erie has shitty water is because it touches michigan:tantrum:rotflmao

I don't hate you NR hunters. Wait: You got an O or an M on your hat?.....rotflmao

LMAO....been rooting for the O for a looong time! It is pretty funny how some get pretty pissed at the big M though! Years ago my daughter's softball travel team was called Team Michigan and of course it was all blue and gold. A lot of parents of course wore the M wear as it kind of matched the theme. One time we were near Marion Ohio for a tournament and I had my Team Mich. T-shirt on and I had to stop to get gas. Thought I was going to get my ass beat by the guy on the next pump!! Had to quickly explain to him it was for softball....a kids softball team LOL!!

Some people take sports way to serious IMO. If I'm not participating in the sport it means very little to me. Going to a baseball game or football game is fine, but some fans take things way to far, again just my opinion. A team wins the national championship and the fans burn and loot the city, c'mom REALLY. The only sport that gets me psyched starts in late September and ends in early February and I participate. Anything else is just passing time.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Some people take sports way to serious IMO. If I'm not participating in the sport it means very little to me. Going to a baseball game or football game is fine, but some fans take things way to far, again just my opinion. A team wins the national championship and the fans burn and loot the city, c'mom REALLY. The only sport that gets me psyched starts in late September and ends in early February and I participate. Anything else is just passing time.
Exactly!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm sorry but that has to be one of the most asinine posts I have read yet. Where do you get off saying "they deserve hatred" for something that may or may not have happened in your neck of the woods?! Sounds like you've got an axe to grind for one group of bad people and lumping a whole group of others in to your problem is just stupid. Until you walk in my shoes or anyone else's you'll get no respect from me.

Did you read my post Chuck? C'mon bud, don't make me repeat it. lmao

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Nothing worse than NR hunters that come here and shoot all our deer, screw our women, drink all our beer and kick our dog on the way back across the border. Pukes. F 'em all...

:smiley_coolpeace:

rsmith

Hit the nail on the head with a sledgehammer on this one, people take it WAY too far and its crazy! Never understood why?