Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

NR Hunting license cost.

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
If non residents are willing to pay $5000 up to $10000 to lease a farm for their Exclusive use, then poach deer with AR15's during bow season, I think they deserve some hatred and $600 for a license. What about the fly by night ohio characters who lease land on the cheap from an elderly farmer then charge $500 a day for their "guide service" to out of staters.

The worst is they are putting their treestands on the wrong property, the property I have permission to hunt.

When is old Tonky going to propose licenses for fly by night "outfitters"?

Actually I'll be using an AK-47 this year. I'm also bringing a trailer to put all the tree stands I'm going to steal from the neighboring properties.

Bigcountry40

I spoke with a ODNR rep the other day about a different concern, but while I was talking with I asked about the low NR license price. He told me that ODNR proposed to raise the NR license substantially and it was voted down by the State legislature. So apparently Ohio law makers like having low NR license costs.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I spoke with a ODNR rep the other day about a different concern, but while I was talking with I asked about the low NR license price. He told me that ODNR proposed to raise the NR license substantially and it was voted down by the State legislature. So apparently Ohio law makers like having low NR license costs.

The department of tourism opposes raising it and stating it will lower hunting tourism. The legislature follows suit.