Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ryan's 2015 trail cam thread

rsmith

Those will be awesome in time but don't put too much stock into them helping you out this year. I'm no tree-ologist but I have planted many in the past few years. It takes a couple years for them to start to produce. Shoot, none of mine have started producing yet. I'm hoping they do this year.
Yeah, they should take 2 more years to produce, she said she does have 3 golden delicious and a couple red delicious trees that had a couple apples on them last year, I may swap the crabapple out for these. I do like golden delicious apples :)

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Yeah, they should take 2 more years to produce, she said she does have 3 golden delicious and a couple red delicious trees that had a couple apples on them last year, I may swap the crabapple out for these. I do like golden delicious apples :)

The trees I bought like that didn't produce the first year. I think the shock of being transplanted slowed them the first year.

rsmith

well, pulled the card today and saw something that caught my eye. I think he will be a great candidate for next year if he sticks around. Is it about right for him to have that much growth by this time? PICT0151.jpg

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
That should be a good one. He has heavy bases. Bucks are like humans, some will grow earlier than others, some have great growth late. I had one on cam that was a giant by May 31st. Another that had very little in late June but turned out to be 140s. I saw a buck on April 17th once that had 5 inch brows and had forked for G2s, he also had 2 kickers off the base that were 3 inches long. The one you have should at least be one to keep an eye on. Thanks for sharing.

rsmith

Thanks very much for the insite. The way he acts I think I know which one he is but only time will tell if my predictions are right

rsmith

couple pictures of some does but thats about it for deer, did get some good videos of turkeys finally after moving my camera 10 times haha

rsmith

Not as good as Spencies but for my first year getting constant turkey pics I'm very satisfied.

Check out the rope on him

and I love this video. I think its so cool! Enjoy!

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Not as good as Spencies but for my first year getting constant turkey pics I'm very satisfied.

Lol, it's not a competition buddy! I am fortunate to be at a point in my life where I can afford to put out many cams...that helps! Keep the pics/vids coming. They are really cool to watch. The beard on that bird is HUGE!

rsmith

Lol, it's not a competition buddy! I am fortunate to be at a point in my life where I can afford to put out many cams...that helps! Keep the pics/vids coming. They are really cool to watch. The beard on that bird is HUGE!

Haha I know! After seeing your videos I decided to change to video mode and am so glad I did. You get to see so much more and year more!

rsmith

Here is Goliath, man he is growing to be huge. And his body is huge TOO.

Than here is another buck that I have never seen before, he is looking like he is going to be a good buck as well.

Last edited: