Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Spring feeding

Mooosie

I keep two feeders loaded with corn all year around. It gets them used to staying on my land. Right now in ohio there is snow on the ground and it is very cold, corn provides carbs which provide calories to keep the deer warm and healthy they eat this on top of whatever else they eat anyway. I don't think the deer would starve if I didn't feed them but it does keep them on my farm fat and happy

oz1195

Well I just ordered some of Big and J Legit. Once I get it I'm going to put it out against 30-06 and see if there is any difference between the two for traffic.

oz1195

$15 for a 5 lbs of B&J. And I got the 30-06 for 30 for 3 10lbs bag. B&J is somewhat expensive but Ive had good luck with it and I really wanted to try their new product.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I guess I need to start bagging and selling my blend in a pretty bag! $3/lbs means I can get $600 for $80 worth of raw material.

Good luck. If you ever decide to do a DIY mix, I know a guy that can help you out. Much more bang for you buck. Literally and figuratively...

oz1195

bowhunter1023 thanks I will be definitely be trying this. Do you know anyone that has a DIY attractant?

at1010

*Supporting Member*
bowhunter1023 thanks I will be definitely be trying this. Do you know anyone that has a DIY attractant?

crush up apples. sent stays around for awhile! I have heard of a guy using apple juice concentrate puts it in sprayer, and sprays everything around his stand with it. send sent is strong as hell and draws deer in. I have never tried it.

oz1195

Well I was able to get out yesterday and get my mineral site in and over 200 lbs of food. I plan on giving it at least a week before checking pics.

Last edited:

oz1195

Well I checked my cameras for the first time this year and I have good activity at my stands. I put out two new moultrie cameras that I messed up the settings. They were maxed out on pics by the 2nd day. But in the 2 days of pics I had over 15 different deer at the stands. But my mineral site that I put in only had a few deer at it. I hope it pics up.