Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Spencie 2015 TC's

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Kill that buck that's showing up in daylight!

I was off that day. But I took my Dad to Columbus for back surgery. I don't know that I would have had a shot but he circled my stand in the daylight. He did the same thing last year ... days when I wasn't there he would show up before dark. He has my schedule.

Last edited:

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I'm hoping to get back out for a few hunts this coming week. Not sure how long my hunts will last but a couple of these bucks showing up will help. LIFT0146.jpg
HUNT0026.jpg
IMG_0065.jpg
IMG_0122.jpg
IMG_0256.jpg
IMG_0258.jpg
IMG_0284.jpg
IMG_0286.jpg

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I was able to get out and check cams against the advice of my wife. I just couldn't sit in the house any longer. I got a not so subtle reminder to use ALL safety gear available.....GRRRRRRRR

This Big 10 was all over us for 24 hours

HUNT0124.jpg
HUNT0199.jpg
IMG_0094.jpg
IMG_0095.jpg
IMG_0096.jpg
IMG_0258.jpg
IMG_0261.jpg
LIFT0040.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I was able to get out and check cams against the advice of my wife. I just couldn't sit in the house any longer. I got a not so subtle reminder to use ALL safety gear available.....GRRRRRRRR

This Big 10 was all over us for 24 hours

View attachment 38628
View attachment 38629
View attachment 38630
View attachment 38631
View attachment 38632
View attachment 38633
View attachment 38634
View attachment 38635

Mike, what is that in his antlers in the bottom pic? Is there string or cord? One looks to be black and the other is light colored or is my eyes playing tricks on me?

Apparently your farm is a hot spot after the first look down! Lol

You have some great targets this year!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I thought the same at first but after zooming in it looks like he just tried out some natural camoflauge.

I never noticed that but you're right, I see leaves on this side just off his back but what is that long stiff looking white(light colored) rod coming off his right beam at a 45 degree angle! That's odd!

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I never noticed that but you're right, I see leaves on this side just off his back but what is that long stiff looking white(light colored) rod coming off his right beam at a 45 degree angle! That's odd!

I think it is just the sun reflecting off the stem of whatever type of weed it is. He had spent the morning in our clearcut which has many different types of growth.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I was able to drag my broken body to the woods the last 2 mornings. I had Spider at less than 30 yards but no shot yesterday and Barry (an underachieving 4 yr old 8 point bully) at less than 50 this morning. At this point I would be very satisfied with Barry.

Barry
IMAG0081.jpg

Spider
IMG_0007.jpg