Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New from NC, used to live in NE Ohio

Bigcountry40

Hi! I've lived in NC for the past 7 years, but prior to that I lived in Stark County, OH for about 3 years, and I have family in the Columbus area. Unfortunately, I wasn't a hunter when I lived in OH, but have since found my passion for being in the great outdoors since moving to Carolina.

I mostly hunt muzzleloader, but I did buy a bow last year and am looking forward to giving it a try.

No, I'm not here to ask about leasing land or anyone's 'honey holes' - just wanting to converse and learn from Buckeye State hunters. Considering a public land hunt in OH next year.

Oh, and I'm not a LEO, despite my username - it comes from the way my given name was pronounced as a child.

what part of NC you in? I lived down there for 4 years, just moved back to Ohio

jpoliceman

what part of NC you in? I lived down there for 4 years, just moved back to Ohio

I live in Pinehurst, major golf area, although I'm not much of a golfer. Between my children, job, and hunting, I don't have time to chase the little white ball very much! Pinehurst is about an hour or so southwest of Raleigh, and 30 miles west of Fayetteville, on the edge of Fort Bragg.

Bigcountry40

I live in Pinehurst, major golf area, although I'm not much of a golfer. Between my children, job, and hunting, I don't have time to chase the little white ball very much! Pinehurst is about an hour or so southwest of Raleigh, and 30 miles west of Fayetteville, on the edge of Fort Bragg.

I know exactly where you are, I lived right outside of Goldsboro (I still own a house there).