Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Well, I know something

lung buster

hocking county
My 7 year old daughter Addison killed her 3rd deer ever and her first with an arrow tonight. This was about her 20th sit of the season. She tried during youth, gun and muzzy with no luck. We have been getting 3 shooters on cam during daylight since Andrew killed his buck so Addy began practicing with his xbow in hopes of getting a shot at one of them. One or all were there 3 nights in a row last week but unfortunately I was on 2nd shift. Our 3 hunts this past week once I got off of 2nd shift produced a 4 point, spike and 2 dogs and no sign of the big ones.

With today being the next to last day I left work early to watch Addy play basketball and then we rushed home to get to the blind. I had told her that she should probably shoot anything but she really wanted one the big ones, lol.

Around 5:30 we heard a deer walking and seen a bb to our right working his way from behind us to our front. I told her to shoot if she wanted and she got on him only to say I'm gonna wait. She sat back down for about 10 sec and said no I'm gonna shoot, lol.

I've been with both of my kids as they have shot 11 deer but this one really got her heart pumping. Her breathing was so fast I thought that she was going to pass out , lol. Finally she squeezed it off and made a perfect 25 yd shot and we watched him fall over.

We were so pumped and I know we will never forget tonight! She said, dad now you can shoot the big one, lol. I'm done, "shooting" for awhile and once again my kids gave me all that I was looking for during another season! It's been long but worth ever second!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
That is fantastic! So glad she got a chance to shoot, I know she put a lot of effort into it, and what a great shot! Well done to all three of you!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Should be good eating right there. Antlers or not, I don't care. Quality time for you and Miss Addy is where it's at. Congrats.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
How friggin AWESOME!!!! She made a great shot TOO!!! Congratulations LB!!! You have so much to be proud of and it shows!!! What it's all about man!!! Awesome!!!