Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I must not get out much

No joke it came with active scrape scent and a plastic wand with a deer hoof shape on the end, I will see if I can find it online. I haven't seen them in stores for a few years, the dumb gimmicks don't stick around long.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I saw that also I think it was the Wild Game Innovations guys, have you seen the mock scrape kit with the plastic deer hoof?

Lol, I can see the instructions now!

To simulate a booner buck press hoof into ground so the dew points are well established into the dirt. Be sure to sling the leave debris with included scent free stick at least 2 feet away from scrape to simulate a mature buck that's showing aggression.
To simulate a doe just don't press the smaller hoof into ground very deep and apply the included authentic doe pee in liberal amounts in the scrape pad.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
My buck hoof stilts will be out this spring, no scent laid down and all you see is deer prints everywhere I walk...... $175 retail but will offer a TOO discount as well.......

rotflmao

You guys are lifesavers. All this info saves me a ton of money. This saves me a trip to the SHOT show to see all that is new and improved. Now I can log on to the Cabelas web site, get all the new products I need for next season without leaving home. A man couldn't ask for more from his friends.

To repay everyone I'll post a review of how these great ideas perform in the field. Stay tuned.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My buck hoof stilts will be out this spring, no scent laid down and all you see is deer prints everywhere I walk...... $175 retail but will offer a TOO discount as well.......

rotflmao

Laugh it up. They sell them. People use them to train deer tracking dogs. I even know someone who bought some. I will be curious to hear how these work for him. The guy is no dummy, but I am not sure I am buying into these.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My Rockin Sock Em dual buck decoys are in the works! They'll come in several different sets. Two booners, two 150's, two 2.5's year olds, mature and subordinate and lastly two buttons for hunters like Chuck.

Simply use a quad or bad boy buggy to transport the dekes and set them up in locked up posture and tie included rope to both moveable heads and string out the rope to your treestand or blind. Rope length will come in lengths of 30' to 300' and will be camoflaged in wetlands or breakup patterns.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Laugh it up. They sell them. People use them to train deer tracking dogs. I even know someone who bought some. I will be curious to hear how these work for him. The guy is no dummy, but I am not sure I am buying into these.

Damn..... Another day late and dollar short idea....... I was just being sarcastic lol, had no idea they actually are out there lol.....

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member

Oh the fun these would be !

My Rockin Sock Em dual buck decoys are in the works! They'll come in several different sets. Two booners, two 150's, two 2.5's year olds, mature and subordinate and lastly two buttons for hunters like Chuck.

Simply use a quad or bad boy buggy to transport the dekes and set them up in locked up posture and tie included rope to both moveable heads and string out the rope to your treestand or blind. Rope length will come in lengths of 30' to 300' and will be camoflaged in wetlands or breakup patterns.

Lmao! Is the losers head going to pop up?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The Rock em Sock em decoys must have a remote control. Using a rope is very old school.

You are correct Dick, it has an upgrade feature that comes with dual joy sticks but I was referring to the more affordable redneck version so y'all could picture some DA yanking on a rope 200-300 foot long across a picked cornfield! There's some one that would buy it though! Lol

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'm sure this was mentioned a few years ago, but the ultimate prank would be to take a buddy out in the pre dawn darkness in the snow, to a tree stand overlooking an already set up massacre. Have some torn camo clothing laying about with those prints all over the place. Some fake blood would seal the deal....lol Then just wait for sunrise !!

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
All these are funny, but those doe head caps were the stupidest, funniest hunting accessory ever! I imagined Stan Potts and David Morris wearing these together on Tecomate Ranch discussing a spot and stalk hunt with these on their heads. Stan sneezes and the fuggin thing flies off his head on to David's lap. David response is, " you blew it"! Lol