Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Arrow fetching jig

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Arizona EZ Fletch. If you shoot blazers or any other 2" vane, make sure you get the EZ Fletch Mini. It puts one hell of a helical on the short vanes. Easiest jig I've used... Thanks to Milo for turning me onto it a few years ago.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Arizona EZ Fletch. If you shoot blazers or any other 2" vane, make sure you get the EZ Fletch Mini. It puts one hell of a helical on the short vanes. Easiest jig I've used... Thanks to Milo for turning me onto it a few years ago.
Best advice you'll get right here Mike.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
The key to this jig is glue control. You really need to practice and you will get the feel for it. If you need me too, I can show you my bead size I use so you get the idea. Maybe even a smal video is in order..

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The key to this jig is glue control. You really need to practice and you will get the feel for it. If you need me too, I can show you my bead size I use so you get the idea. Maybe even a smal video is in order..
I don't know about you but I've found that I use a very skinny bead of glue with this jig. And I stop the bead just short of the ends of the vane, say 1/16 to 1/8"... If I take the bead clear to the end, it spews out when I close the jig and leads to more frequent clean-ups with acetone.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Just a thin small bead and it spreads to the edges nicely. I like to have some squeeE out the end JB because I want to know I got enough.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I have about every jig made, Bitz, JoJann, Arizona (all of 'em), and some I can't remember the names of. The Arizona is the quickest and easiest to use.

I have a Bitz and love it. I tried Milo's EZ Fletch and it wasn't for me.

same here the ez fletch wasnt for me. I have a left and right hand bitzenburger with straight and helical clamps for both. I fletch a lot of different types of vanes both plastic and feather. As well as every diameter and shaft material combination you can thing of. The bitz works every time. Plus for a beginner the bitz allows you to clean up sloppy glue beads before they dry.

Last edited:

Milo

Tatonka guide.
same here the ez fletch wasnt for me. I have a left and right hand bitzenburger with straight and helical clamps for both. I fletch a lot of different types of vanes both plastic and feather. The bitz works every time. Plus for a beginner the bitz allows you to clean up sloppy glue beads before they dry.
you can do that with the ez fletch also. I use q-tips and run around the edges when I remove from the clamp. If you want max helical with Blazers, the ez fletch generally wins. Wraps help a lot also. I also have a couple of bitz's . Have you done a zenith upgrade to yours?

you can do that with the ez fletch also. I use q-tips and run around the edges when I remove from the clamp. If you want max helical with Blazers, the ez fletch generally wins. Wraps help a lot also. I also have a couple of bitz's . Have you done a zenith upgrade to yours?

I upgraded the right hand model and love it. Yes the ez fletch can do a hell of a helical i agree with you 100 percent. The ex fletch also has price going for it. I also prefer the rhythm at which i can work with the blitz. I just like that i can do my clean up without removing clamp. Personal preference.

Last edited:

Milo

Tatonka guide.
image.jpg
Here are the glue tips I use. These screw onto most super glue bottles and keep your messes way down. I store them in a baby food jar full of acetone.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yea the Bitz has its place for certain arrow or fletch types. I started with a Bitz and I like it... It's a great jig... But for me, it doesn't hold a candle to the EZ Fletch when it comes to fletching Blazers. I totally get what you're saying about rhythm with the Bitz, Tom. I just developed a new rhythm with the Arizona. Seems like I get them done much quicker and much more consistently as well.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
My biggest problem with fletching is the glue. I believe you mentioned this before and I need to try this application method. Thank You!