Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New bow!!

rsmith

Hello everyone, hope everyone is having a good day/ weekend and good luck to everyone/anyone who is out or going out. So the reason for my post is to explain my "new", new to me, bow I just bought/ won on ebay. I placed a bid on a Hoyt Maxxis 35 that had a 29 in draw and was set at 55lbs, the exact set up of my current bow. I have been looking for a ew bow for awhile and when I came across this I was very excited, it had everything I wanted such as a "lower" pound draw weight which I would be comfortable at, and a longer ATA. I placed a bid of $275 and the auction had no reserve and ended in 2 hours, so I figured why not, I soon get a alrert from my phone saying you won, pay now. I was ecstatic to know I just won this bow that from the pictures/description was in amazing shape for only $275. I will take it to my local shop to make sure the cams are tuned and to get a new string and cables put on it just to play it safe. I just thought I would share my experience and ask if anyone is shooting Hoyt Maxxis 35 or a similar model bow and how they like it. I know I probally should have shot one first to see but if I don't like it I know I will make my money back on it.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Good too hear of you winning the bow, always good too have a back up just in case..... Hope you're happy with it when it arrives.... Depending on where you live, our resident bow expert is Milo, he can tune a bow like no other.....

rsmith

Good too hear of you winning the bow, always good too have a back up just in case..... Hope you're happy with it when it arrives.... Depending on where you live, our resident bow expert is Milo, he can tune a bow like no other.....

I was actually just thinking that, I am located in Chardon ohio, I don't know where Milo is at but I am always willing to help out a TOO member expecially one that everyone speaks so highly of when the words bow tuning come into play.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
He's down south but some have shipped their bows too him, you can contact him and he'll let you know if he can do it or not. PM would probably be the way too go on that....

Kaiser878

ohio
I can upgrade my bow at anytime free of charge from Hoyt..... bit my hunting bow is still a maxxis 31....... best bow I've ever owned...... I don't ever see me selling it....... hands down the most comfortable bow I've ever shot..... I love my maxxis..... you will not be disappointed......

rsmith

Great deal!! Like you mentioned, have it inspected and gone over real well right away. After that it's get it tuned and start shooting! Let us see how it looks and how it shoots when you get a chance!

Thanks everyone. I will make sure to post some pics up once I get it set up, any suggestions on a good rest for it? I have a QAD HD on my PSE and like it but didn't know if anyone else had some suggestions on a good drop away rest? Was looking at the Trophy Taker Smackdown pro, a limb driver, or another QAD, either the HD or the HDX

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
Smackdown Pro is pricey but worth it. I put one on my Prime almost 2 years ago and have had no problems at all with it. The tech at the bow shop considered it the best drop away rest by far.

rsmith

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422559881.233929.jpg
Was like a kid on Christmas Eve coming home from class today because I checked and saw my bow got delivered. Opened it up and instantly fell in love with it. It's a lot lighter than my other bow with all the accessories on it. All I need to do is figure out what rest I am going to get. I will be heading to Great Lake Outdoor Supply in Middlefield tomorrow to drop it off to the local bow guru to get everything looked over, and new string put on it

huntn2

Hudson, OH
View attachment 28054
Was like a kid on Christmas Eve coming home from class today because I checked and saw my bow got delivered. Opened it up and instantly fell in love with it. It's a lot lighter than my other bow with all the accessories on it. All I need to do is figure out what rest I am going to get. I will be heading to Great Lake Outdoor Supply in Middlefield tomorrow to drop it off to the local bow guru to get everything looked over, and new string put on it

Nice bow! tell Jeff I say hello...