Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

A buck I called Christmas Tree

themedic

OHIO
Nice!

You are a firm believer in late season corn pile hunting are you not?

It works and it's a tactic I use late season…but it does not provide the same feeling of achievement that comes from hunting a deer straight up. I would actually prefer Ohio outlaw baiting and put heavy fines against anyone that breaks the law. I know it may sound like a double standard I'm projecting….but its where I draw the line.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Welcome back. Haven't seen you post in like a month. Lol. Congrats on your buck.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
nice buck buddy! I remember when you bought that farm, fairfield county right? How many acres you hunting on?

again, very cool buck!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Congrats on a nice buck. Golden kernels strike again. FYI... A common misconception is that inside spread significantly impacts score. It does not. A buck with a 24" inside spread will always look WAY bigger than one with an 18" spread. But really, all other measurements being equal, that seemingly large difference in spread only adds 6 more inches to the total score. Tines and beam length are what it's all about.

themedic

OHIO
Congrats on a nice buck. Golden kernels strike again. FYI... A common misconception is that inside spread significantly impacts score. It does not. A buck with a 24" inside spread will always look WAY bigger than one with an 18" spread. But really, all other measurements being equal, that seemingly large difference in spread only adds 6 more inches to the total score. Tines and beam length are what it's all about.

Maybe but this buck has a 12 inch spread with short beams...that really hurts. At any rate.....grossed him at 141 today

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I like pie, pumpkin is my go too but Apple when done right can replace it.... Blue/blackberry are a close second..... Sheldon doing his fun with flags can be hilarious as well.... Vexillology who came up with hat term????

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I like pie, pumpkin is my go too but Apple when done right can replace it.... Blue/blackberry are a close second..... Sheldon doing his fun with flags can be hilarious as well.... Vexillology who came up with hat term????

Hello J??? Hey J!!!! Wake up J!!!!! You're dreaming again.......ROTFLMAO

Congrats thats a great buck with a lot of mass Corey.

Please tell me your not working nights jay. Your liable to drive a bread van into a plane.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Congrats thats a great buck with a lot of mass Corey.

Please tell me your not working nights jay. Your liable to drive a bread van into a plane.

Random stuff running through the brain.... Oh and I was actually sitting on the couch.....