Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Deer shot placement

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I now have it figured out how you 2 kill big bucks.

You sit out in the woods talking to them for hours on end until they finally just give up and jump out in front of you guys wanting you too shoot them lmao

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I now have it figured out how you 2 kill big bucks.

You sit out in the woods talking to them for hours on end until they finally just give up and jump out in front of you guys wanting you too shoot them lmao
Maybe. Or it could be we are both incredibly intense and put in a lot of leg work. Zach is good. I am just lucky. Killing a couple good bucks doesn't put me in his league. I need to have another 6-8 bucks in the next 10 yrs of Zach's caliber to be approaching his league. Odds are not in my favor. Lol

Kaiser878

ohio
Maybe. Or it could be we are both incredibly intense and put in a lot of leg work. Zach is good. I am just lucky. Killing a couple good bucks doesn't put me in his league. I need to have another 6-8 bucks in the next 10 yrs of Zach's caliber to be approaching his league. Odds are not in my favor. Lol
Nah.... I'm as lucky as they come.... and u spanked me good this year. Hahaha

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nah.... I'm as lucky as they come.... and u spanked me good this year. Hahaha

And last year. (At least I think that is what you said.) bahahahahaa:smiley_crocodile:

I never thought about it until you asked me what they scored. I didn't care. I am not competing against anyone but myself. All in good natured ribbing though. We seriously need to shred some trails on the dirt bikes one of these years.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The shit that comes out of people's mouth in the hunting industry that are trying to sell crap never ceases to amaze me.

This target isn't going to help a soul. If anything it'll teach them bad habits and train them to shoot at a deer instead of at a spot. I guarantee a new archer with that target will shoot at the big pink lungs, be all over the place, and walk to his stand thinking he's the next IBO champion because he hit lungs right out of ten times. The reality is if you can't consistently drive a skoal can sized group at that range you shouldn't be shooting at deer at that range. Hitting a deer in the lungs at 30 yards broadside is far easier than hitting them in the lungs at 30 yards quartering away. Shot angles mandate precision, and shooting at a big pink foam lung isn't going to cut it.